London has a data-driven economy, many companies are seeking thoroughly numerate data experts who can benefit the company by using statistical techniques and the latest technologies to extract a clear understanding to inform them about every aspect of their strategies and operations. Therefore, the demand for people knowing data analytics has increased as it is needed in all sectors. The data analytics courses in London are also witnessing a constant rise in demand.
London is also known as the technological hub of the European Union and has recently become one of the top destinations for American Tech firms that are expanding internationally. The demand for data analytics is likely to grow in the coming years, not just in London but all over the world as well.
Thus creating a need among people too to study data analytics is proficient in the same. Today we are going to give you a tour of the top 4 data analytics courses in London with Placements so that you can make your decision to pursue one of them quickly.
Firstly Let Us Understand What Data Analytics Means
Many of you might have heard about data analytics and the lucrative career proficiency in this field. But before making your decision to study data analytics courses in London, first, understand what data analytics mean. In simple terms, data analytics is the science of scrutinizing organic data and making conclusions about statistics.
Data analytics is a broad concept containing various types of analysis. Any type of data can be exposed through data analytics techniques to get an understanding that is used to polish up things. The techniques used in data analytics can reveal trends and metrics that would have otherwise been lost in the heap of information.
This information can then be used to enhance the processes of the business or systems to strengthen the overall cost-effectiveness of the concern. Data Analytics is much more than analyzing data, especially in complex data analytics projects. Like data scientists and data analysts, the data analytics teams also often require data engineers, they create data pipelines and also assist in preparing data sets for analysis.
Since the world is becoming progressively reliant on facts and figures and gathering statistics, data analytics benefits organizations and individuals assure to of their data. With the help of various tools and techniques, a set of organic numbers can be transformed into explanatory, educational insights that drive decision-making and thoughtful management.
Why is Data Analytics Important?
Businesses largely benefit from the use of data analytics as it is an essential asset for companies wanting to gain a competitive edge. Following is a list of areas where the use of data analytics can make a difference:
- Product Expansion: Data Analytics facilitates both forecast and knowledge discovery competencies. It helps in comprehending the present state of business or process and lays a bedrock to forecast future outcomes. It also equips the businesses to comprehend the present market scenario and change the process or stimulate a need for product expansion so that the new product matches the market needs.
- Intended Content: Calculating what customers want ahead of time facilitates making marketing campaigns more consumer-oriented. Data Analytics enables companies to tailor their advertisements to target a segment of their entire customer base, and also assists companies in determining which segment of the customer base will respond best to the campaign. On top of that, it saves money on the cost which would have been spent to convince the customer to make a purchase and thus improves the overall efficiency of the marketing efforts.
- Operational Efficiency: Data Analytics also aids companies in identifying other dormant opportunities to rationalize their operations or maximize profits. It helps in ascertaining potential problems, doing away with the process of waiting for the problems to occur, and then taking action for the same. This enables companies to see which operations have given the best results under numerous conditions and ascertain which operational area are more likely to be vulnerable to errors and which one needs improvement.
Why Many People Are Pursuing a Career in Data Analytics
These days data analytics courses in London are gaining popularity. Following is a list of various reasons why many people are considering to have a career in data analytics:
- Easy to gain required skills for the job: Having a naturally curious nature from childhood will surely give you an upper hand in learning the skills and take you to places in the field of Data Analytics, regardless of what you are currently pursuing or what your present job is. This is so because you will be eager to learn analytics tools that are in demand and will also specialize in them with time.
- Demanding Profession: Among nearly 75% of the Internet of Things (IoT) providers, data analytics is regarded as one of the most wanted professions. Among these IoT providers, 68% are finding it difficult to find employees who have relevant qualifications and experience. The horizon of professional opportunities is expected to grow in the coming years.
- Numerous opportunities in various sectors: Data analytics helps firms to attain efficient solutions and enhance decision-making power in numerous development areas. It is pervasive and is used in each sector such as healthcare, manufacturing, education, retail, media, and even real estate. After entering into data analytics, you will have an opportunity to choose from an array of industries that matches your skills and interests.
- Many lucrative jobs in the profession: The fiscal benefits of transferring to a Data Analytics career are proven to be better than those of other IT professionals. Students and young people who are reasonably driven, tech-savvy, excellent communicators, and willing to have above-average paying careers while working in a fixed-time job should look into this profession.
- Having a flair for maths can make you stand out: If you have an aptitude for statistics and mathematics, a career move into Data Analytics will help you strengthen your skills in linear algebra, real analysis, applied statistics, graph theory, and numerical analysis.
Find here the best Financial Modeling Courses in London
Difference Between Data Analytics and Data Analysis
With the rising popularity of data analytics courses in London, one might wonder what the difference is between these analyses and analysis, as they sound like the same thing. Following is a table to easily understand the difference between Data Analytics and Data Analysis:
|It is the process of taking the analyzed data and working on it in a consequential and useful way to make intelligent business decisions.
|It is a process entailing the collection, manipulation, and examination of data for getting a deep perception of the business.
|2. Assist businesses in
|Through Data Analytics, businesses utilize the possibilities of past data and in turn, identify new opportunities that would assist them in planning future policies.
|Data Analysis helps businesses to design a strong business plan for businesses, using past data, which tells what worked out in the past and what did not.
|Data Analytics uses tools such as Python. SAS, Tableau Public, Apache Spark, Excel, etc.
|Data Analysis uses tools such as Node XL, Google Fusion Tables, Open Refine, Wolfram Alpha, KNIME, etc.
|Data Analytics has a wider scope as it includes data analysis as a sub-component.
|Data Analysis is an element of Data analytics. The life cycle of data analytics itself encompasses data analysis as one of the crucial steps.
After a fair understanding of data analytics, allow us to take you through a precise list of the top 4 universities providing data analytics courses in London with placement assistance.
Top 4 Data Analytics Courses in London
Rank# 1. Data Analysis Courses in London
1. London Metropolitan University:
London Metropolitan University has a great history with a powerful educational foundation dating back to 1848. In 1848, the then Bishop of London called up the clergy and asked them to set up evening classes to enhance the intellectual, spiritual, and moral condition of young men in the London metropolis.
This led to the birth of Metropolitan Evening Classes for Young Men, which in 1992 adopted the name of London Guildhall University. The university as it is known today was created in 2002 in the merger of London Guildhall University and the University of North London.
They provide one of the best data analytics courses in London. It is a part of their Postgraduate Programmes. Their Data Analytics Course is named Data Analytics- MSc. After the completion of this course, you will have a Master of Science degree in Data Analytics.
Details of the Course :
- Course Type: Postgraduate
- Duration: 12 Months (full-time)
- Fees: £9,300 per year for UK students
- £16,500 per year for overseas students
- Location: Holloway
Entry Requirements: To study at London Met, you will be required to have a 2:2 Uk degree or equivalent in any subject that entails an element of Data Analysis.
English Language Requirements ( for international students): To be able to study at London Met, the students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language. If you require a student visa then may be needed to provide the results of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS.
- Data Analytics and Visualization (core, 20 credits)
- Machine Learning and Data Mining (core, 20 credits)
- Data Warehousing
- Big Data (core, 20 credits)
- MSc Project (core, 60 credits)
- Statistical Modelling
- Forecasting (core, 20 credits)
- Financial Mathematics (option, 20 credits)
- Work-Related Learning (option, 20 credits)
This data analytics course will equip the students with the technical, practical, and theoretical skills required to become proficient in data analytics. Upon the completion of your graduation, you will be prepared for a career in Data Analytics as London Met has an excellent teaching team, you will have an access to specialist software, and will work on real-life business cases.
The modules of the course have been prepared with the assistance of industry specialists and professionals, some of whom will also teach you in specific classes. With the help of experts, you will explore advanced techniques in data science. To know more about London Met, visit their official website.
Recommended Read: Online Data Analytics Courses
Rank# 2. Data Analysis Courses in London
2. Queen Mary University Of London
The Queen Mary University of London provides one of the best data analytics courses in London. They believe that a variety/ range of ideas helps them achieve the hitherto unthinkable. Throughout their history, they have promoted social justice and improved several lives through academic excellence. Their course on Data Analytics is Data Analytics MSc.
Details of the Course:
- Duration: 12 Months (full-time)
- Fees: £12,250 for UK students
- £28,950 per year for overseas students
- Location: Mile End Campus
Entry Requirements: To study at Queen Mary University, you will be required to have a 2:1or above at the Undergraduate level in a subject with significant mathematical content. The relevant subject would include Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, and Economics. These are general requirements and might vary on the country from where the students are coming.
English Language Requirements ( for international students): If the student has got his degree from an English-speaking country or if it was taught in English, and they have studied within the last 5 years then they might not be required to have an English language Qualification.
While studying Data Analytics MSc, you will be a part of the School of Mathematical Sciences of Queen Mary University of London, and its minimum English language requirement for entry to PG programs is:
For IELTS: Overall 6.5 including 6.0 in writing, 5.5 in Reading, Speaking, and Listening.
Course Structure: The course contains 3 compulsory modules, 5 optional modules to be chosen from 12 modules, and a final project and dissertation.
The Compulsory Modules Are:
- Collecting, Manipulating, and Visualizing Data
- Machine Learning with Python
- Statistics and Probability for Data Analytics
- Project Dissertation
In the first semester, the students will learn the above subjects along with the elective subjects. During the summer, they will be working on a research project which will allow them to strengthen and develop strong applied data science research skills.
To join Queen Mary to study Data Analytics, you don’t have to be a programming expert. The students will explore a variety of industry-standard tools such as R and Python at the University.
Students will chiefly learn through a blend of tutorials and lectures, in addition to a remarkable amount of independent study and research. Students will also be assigned an Academic Advisor who will guide them throughout their time at Queen Mary. To know more about the Queen Mary University of London visit their official website.
Rank# 3. Data Analysis Courses in London
3. Brunel University London
Brunel University London is one of the top Universities providing data analytics courses in London. Their course on Data Analytics is a Postgraduate degree course named Data Science and Analytics MSc. Their mission is to bring benefit to society through brilliance in research, education, and knowledge transfer.
Details of the Course:
- Course type:
- Duration: 12 Months (full-time)
- Fees: £11,070 for UK students
- £20,450 per year for overseas students
- Entry Requirements: To study at Brunel University, you will be required to have a 2:2 or above UK Hons. Degree or an equivalent internationally recognized qualification from an engineering, scientific, or a numerate subject. Brunel University also welcomes applicants with other qualifications and industrial experience which is relevant to the subject area, and such applications will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Also, they might be required to have an interview and/or Aptitude test. These were the requirements for UK students and are subject to change for international students. Kindly visit their website to check the requirements according to your country.
- English Language Requirements ( for international students): If the student requires a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, then he/she must prove knowledge of the English language so that the university can issue them a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS).
The Minimum English Language Requirement of Brunel University is:
- IELTS: 6.5 (minimum 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 59 (59 in all subscore)
- BrunELT: 63% (Minimum 58% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 90 (minimum 20 in all)
Course Structure: The course contains 9 compulsory modules.
The compulsory modules are:
- Data Visualization
- Digital strategy and Innovation
- Governance and Ethics of Digital systems
- High- performance Computational Infrastructure
- Modern Data
- Machine Learning
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Research Project Management
Here students are taught through a blend of seminars, lectures, lab teaching sessions, and tutorials. The teaching sessions are held on campus and are delivered in person. There may be an instance when they adopt online teaching modes to improve the teaching experience.
This course will equip you with the transferable skills and qualities necessary for employment. After the completion of your course, you will be equipped with the skills required to work in leading data science organizations. To know more about Brunel University London visit their official website.
Recommended Read: Data Analytics Courses in India
Rank# 4. Data Analysis Courses in London
4. Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University is one of the top universities offering data analytics courses in London. It is an innovative global university having students from over 185 countries coming to study with them. They have also been on the list of the top 350 Institutions in the world and the list of top 40 Universities in the UK. They offer an undergraduate course on Data Analytics, named BSc (Hons.) Data and Analytical Science.
Details of the Course:
- Duration: The University offers various options for the duration of the course the students can choose any, depending on their needs
- 3 years
- 4 years with foundation year
- 4 years with placement
- 5 years with a foundation year and placement
Fees: £9,250 for UK students
£15,000 per year for overseas students
£1,250 for the placement year.
Campus Location: ARU Peterborough
Standard Entry Requirements: To study at Anglia Ruskin University, you will be required to have 96 UCAS Tariff points from a minimum of 2A levels or equivalent, also the students are required to show a pass in Maths or science as it is mandatory. 3 GCSEs at grade C or grade 4 or above including English and maths.
English Language Requirements ( for international students): For students not having English as their first language will be required to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.0 (academic level) or equivalent certification that is recognized by Anglia Ruskin University.
Course Structure: The course contains different modules depending upon the selection of your duration.
The Foundation Year modules are
- Literacies in higher education
- Fundamentals of Gaming and Computer science
The 1st Year Modules are:
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming and Data Science
- Fundamentals of AI
- Introduction to Relational Database Development
- Enterprise Analysis
The 2nd Year Modules are:
- Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis
- Advance Analytical Techniques for AI
- Ruskin Module
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Applied Machine Learning Projects
The 3rd year Modules are:
- Data Visualisation
- Final Project
- Time Series Analysis
- Graph learning and Analytics
- Deep Learning
Note: For students opting for 5 years program 1st year will be the foundation year and 4th year will be the Placement year. To know more visit the official website of Anglia Ruskin University.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the average salary of a data analyst after data analysis courses in London?
Data analytics courses in London are in high demand and so is the profession. Therefore Data Analysts enjoy a comparatively higher salary than other IT professionals. The average salary of a Data Analyst in the UK is £32,085 per year. This salary may rise depending on your experience. For example, the average salary of a senior Data Analyst in the UK is approx. £42,000 per year and the average salary of an analytics manager in the UK is approx. £51,000 per year. This salary also varies depending upon the location, for example, the average salary of a Data Analyst in London is £39,563 per year.
Q.2 Do we need to be a pro in coding to study data analytics courses in London?
Data Analytics and computer science are two different areas and while coding to some extent is necessary for data analytics, you don’t have to get in-depth knowledge and practice of coding like it is required in computer science. Therefore to study Data Analytics courses in London, you don’t have to be a pro but knowledge of coding to some extent is necessary.
Q.3 Are Data Analytics courses in London good?
The demand for Data Analysts and Data Analytics courses offered in London is increasing each year. So one might be wondering that is the courses offered are any good. The answer to this question is yes, the Data Analytics Courses in London and UK as well are good, UK universities are excellently catering to the rising demand and providing the necessary skills required for the jobs by offering MSc and BSc degrees. The duration of the courses depends on the program selected by you. MSc courses are 1 year for full-time and 2 years for part-time, and BSc courses are 3 years full time.
The aforementioned is a list of Universities offering Data Analytics courses in London with Placements. All of these universities are one the top universities in not only London but the UK too. Students are provided with theoretical and practical learning on every topic. Students are advised to make their decision after carefully analyzing their needs, skills, and budget.
These universities also provide financial aid, you can visit their official website to know more about financial aid. Data Analysis courses in London are also in high demand these days and are required in each sector such as Health, Banking, Tech, etc. If you love numbers and maths. you should think of Data Analysis and Data Analytics as a career.