The demand for financial modeling courses with placement is increasing because of the skillset it gives. It is a skill that is in high demand and will be in the future as well. It has become an essential skill, a requirement for many jobs today. Financial models are used to forecast, analyze, and predict future events. They can help make business decisions, predict market movements, or estimate the financial outcomes of investments.
An example of a financial model would be the cash flow statement which calculates how much cash a company has at any given time and how much they expect to have in the future.
What is Financial Modeling?
Financial modeling is the process of combining historical, current, and projected financial information to make any corresponding business decisions. It’s a highly valued skill in the Industry but requires lots of practice. Financial modeling courses with placement will help as a rescue at this juncture.
The objective of a financial model is to combine business, accounting, and finance metrics to forecast how well a company will be fair in the future. If you want to predict a company’s financial performance, using financial modeling tools is best.
Financial modeling can be eventually used for decisions such as whether a company should raise capital if other alternatives are available, or if the company should grow organically.
What is the Financial Model?
A financial model is just a spreadsheet that projects your company’s performance in the future and is usually built in Microsoft Excel. Companies create a forecast by predicting their income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
A forecast may often include supporting schedules. To build the best financial model for your company, you’ll need to consider more advanced models like DCF, M&A, and LBO, which you can learn by joining financial modeling courses with placement.
What is the Importance of Financial Modeling?
If a business wants to make the right decisions, it can use financial models. Financial models help businesses make decisions when making any changes. A financial model can help you decide on the riskiness of certain decisions and provide a financial statement that reflects the company’s performance.
These models help online businesses make quick decisions with more confidence. We can understand the importance of financial Modeling through the following uses:
- Focus more on improving the quality of your company’s financial planning.
- Financial Modeling is a lot like creating an architectural blueprint for a project. It allows you to assess your financial risk, bring in investors, and make the preparations for success.
- Financial Modeling is an activity that represents how a company’s finances look.
- Financial models are equations and formulas to represent how your business is doing financially.
Several financial models are available in the market, but each has prominence. We can better understand financial models by joining financial modeling courses with placement. The following are a few models used by most financial professionals:
Three Statement Model:
You can find 3 statement financial models in almost every textbook, which are the most common setup for Modeling. It links all three significant aspects of business finance (income, balance sheet, and cash flow). All are linked with Excel formulas that are updated dynamically based on the user’s input.
Large organizations often want to track their finances to tie them back to the end of the year. This is done with various assumptions set up at the start of the year. You can acquire the required skillsets with financial modeling courses with placement.
Discounted Cash Flow Model:
The discounted cash flow model takes the three statements and models one step further by using net present value. This means that the cash flows are slowed down exponentially over a certain period until they reach zero. It starts with estimating the NPV of a firm’s cash flow and builds on that foundation with more complicated models.
DCF technique offers a formula for estimating the value of an asset with future cash flows. 3 statement model, along with adjustments and calculations, can be easily converted to a differential equation system by the XNPV function in Excel. These financial models are used in various areas of the capital markets, including equity research.
Merger & Acquisition Model:
The Merger & Acquisition model is a more sophisticated way of evaluating mergers and acquisitions. It is common for companies to merge sometimes. This is called a “single tab model”, where company A and company B become Merged Co. The complexity can vary a lot in this model. Investment banks and corporations use these models frequently.
Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model:
In finance terminology, a leveraged buyout is when someone borrows a lot of money to purchase the stocks of a company. It’s more complicated than most buyouts and can involve complex debt schedules. A leveraged buyout is one of the most difficult financial models because its layered financing structures require detailed cash flow models.
When dealing with these topics, it’s not surprising that you often find them only in private equity, investment banking, and other related fields, which can be mastered by attending financial modeling courses with placement.
Option Pricing Model:
Options pricing models are instrumental in determining the fair value of an asset. These models use variables such as volatility and time to calculate what an option should be worth. In contrast, option pricing models estimate the fair value of an option which can influence your trading strategies. The input text contains a powerful tool to help you make better decisions.
Initial Public Offer (IPO) Model:
You may have heard that investment bankers also build IPO models to get value upfront. Corporate development professionals can do this before they’re finished with their private company. They do so by using excel and other software programs to help them compute the value of their company.
These models involve looking at comparable company analysis and investor intuition about how much a company should be worth. The value of a company in an IPO is often lower than the initial valuation to ensure the stock trades well in the secondary market and is desired by investors.
Find here the best Online Financial Modeling Courses
Financial modeling tools are used to evaluate the financial results of a business idea or project. They are used by analysts, accountants, entrepreneurs, startups, investors, managers, financial advisors, and other professionals to forecast the future value of assets and decide what projects to invest in.
The tools provide a way for users to input data and calculate the potential outcomes of specific financial scenarios. Different types of financial modeling tools are available in the market, which can be mastered by attending financial modeling courses with placement. I am giving here the most commonly used tools used by financial professionals:
- Microsoft Excel: The basic and evergreen tool that most professionals still use today is MS Excel. It is a spreadsheet program used in many industries to calculate formulas and perform calculations.
- Google Sheets: Google Sheets are a great way to automate tedious calculations and make the process of building financial models more accessible. Google tools can do many repetitive calculations at a much faster pace. These tools allow you to create formulas, which can then be applied to any cell in your spreadsheet, saving you time on repetitive tasks.
- Tableau: Tableau is an easy and beneficial tool for modeling and analyzing financial data. It can create reports and dashboards for different business needs. You can use it to make visual comparisons, identify trends, etc.
- Python: Python is designed so a newbie can understand the syntax easily while writing complex programs. It helps with Modeling and analyzing data, which makes it a perfect fit for finance professionals who have mastered the syntax learned by attending financial modeling courses with placement.
- MATLAB: MATLAB is open-source software, and the investment banking industry has been using it for several years. Many financial modeling courses with placement have also adopted it for teaching purposes. It’s becoming more common to use MATLAB when a modeler prefers not to use financial modeling software for one reason or another. Many people are installing this tool on their computers and finding it helpful.
- SAS: SAS is an analytics software company that provides various products and services for business intelligence, predictive analytics, data management, business process management, and customer intelligence. It includes software for statistical analysis, forecasting, and Modeling. SAS offers over 300 products to its customers in finance and insurance, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, public sector and government agencies, manufacturing, retailing and distribution, telecommunications, transportation, and logistics.
- Bloomberg: An online platform that provides news, analysis, and data on securities, commodities, currencies, and economies.
- Quicken: A personal finance software package with features such as tracking budgets and planning investments.
- QuickBooks: QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that helps small businesses track the profitability of their Businesses with fewer employees might find it beneficial to use bookkeeping software. This software can help you with your financial control. They’ll alert you when there’s a problem or an opportunity or remind you about important dates like paying your bills on time.
- They can handle everything from tracking expenses to managing your accounts, saving you the time and money that a full-time accountant would cost.
- Oracle Financials: Oracle Financials has been accepted among financial professionals across the globe to be one of the best-performing financial modeling tools in the world. It is designed to help organizations make better decisions by providing a way to visualize complicated decisions and plan for uncertainty. They will give invaluable insights into your business.
All these tools can be mastered by joining any reputed financial modeling courses with placement.
The scope of financial Modeling can be understood with the rise in demand for financial modeling courses with placement. Financial models have applications in many areas and are often used when making decisions such as creating a business plan, seeking new capital, and other vital aspects.
If you want to increase the focus of your analysis, then you should also include ad hoc techniques like sensitivity and scenario analysis. You can apply these techniques when looking at capital projects, return on investment, and IRR. Professionals in financial planning, Private Equity, and investment banking perform those activities.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in India
Future of Financial Modeler:
Financial Modeling is a high-level profession requiring a lot of experience and expertise. It is also an expensive skill to learn and master, as there are no shortcuts to becoming a good financial modeler. But one can use financial modeling courses with placement to have a working knowledge of the subject.
The future of financial Modeling looks bright as it has become more mainstream in the last decade. Many new jobs are available in this profession, and the demand for financial models is growing with population and business growth.
Financial modeling careers have been increasing in popularity over the last decade due to an increased need for these skillsets from employers, increased demand from companies looking for employees with these skillsets, and more educational offerings such as financial modeling courses with placement in this field.
Average Annual Salary of a Financial Modeler:
Financial modeling jobs are among the most in-demand jobs in the finance sector. A financial modeler in India with 1-3 years of experience can earn anywhere from ₹3,7 lakh to ₹7.2 lakh per annum, with an average salary being 5.7 lakhs. Depending on experience, skills, and location, the salary earned by a financial modeler in India can go up to 25 lakhs per annum, with Delhi at the top of the list offering higher salaries in India.
Most Sought-after Credentials of a Financial Modeler?
Credentials for financial modeling positions vary depending on the employer. Still, they typically include an undergraduate degree in finance or economics, some coursework in mathematics and statistics, and significant experience with quantitative analysis tools such as Excel or Bloomberg. Financial Modelers use mathematical and statistical models to analyze the financial performance of a company or project.
Skills Required for a Financial Modeler: –
- Ability to understand complex data sets
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of finance, economics, statistics, accounting, mathematics, and computer modeling
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to work independently
Financial modeling courses with placement will teach from the basic to the advanced level required by students and professionals from all backgrounds.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Delhi
Top 5 Institutes Offering Financial Modeling Courses With Placement:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is a leading online education platform that offers professional courses in various fields to students worldwide. It is headquartered in Delhi and was founded by Vaibhav Kakkar, who has vast experience handling professional courses. The institute offers an extensive course for students and working professionals who want to learn about financial modeling.
They are one of the best online education providers. They offer high-quality, relevant, and industry-relevant courses at a very affordable price. The institute believes in providing a high-quality education affordable to students worldwide. It is a leading institute for training professionals and provides financial modeling courses with placement.
The institute offers training in financial modeling and other business-related subjects and has trained over 15000 professionals and conducted 2500+ training sessions from all over India and abroad.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course is a comprehensive program that covers all aspects of the subject and is designed to help beginners learn the basics of financial modeling systematically. It is a perfect choice for anyone looking to get ahead in their career or just wanting to know more about finance.
When it comes to getting an edge in the job market, IIM SKILLS certifications have a significant advantage. IIM SKILLS certifications are increasingly becoming popular among employers because they provide a good foundation for the future of work.
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course
What Will You Learn After Joining This Course?
You will learn the following insights after joining the course.
- Learn to create how financial models work.
- Learn how to design financial models for real-life scenarios.
- Become a pro in designing, understanding, and interpreting financial models.
- To identify business prospects in the future.
- To learn alternate ways of computing financial information.
Features of the Program:
IIM SKILLS provides the following features in its course.
- You will have master certification from IIM Skills, an MSME recognized, and a Govt. of India undertaking.
- Have 100% placement assistance
- Lifetime access to all the resources of the course through LMS.
- Round-the-clock support through a dedicated team
- All of the students have experiential Learning
- Learn basic and advanced excel functions
- Learn accounting concepts and financial statements
- Learn Ratio/KPI Analysis
- Learn the basics of financial modeling
- Learn different types of financial models
- Learn business valuation
Course Fee: Rs. 39,900 + 18% GST
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
2. CFI Education
Corporate Finance Institute is passionate about educating people on problems faced in corporate finance. They’ve been around for a decade and are happy to share knowledge with those pursuing their career. CFII provides its students with three in-depth programs: Financial Modeling, Investment Banking, and CFA Prep with placements.
Course Name: Financial Modeling & Valuation
Features of the Program:
CFI Education provides the following features in its course.
- Live Training for 80+ hours
- Project-based Learning for 30 hours
- Teach Soft Skills and CV preparation
- Prepare for the interview and provide placement assistance
- Provide study material with self-paced recorded Videos
- 24 x 7 support for doubts and clarification
- Assist in preparing for AFM Certification from FMI Canada
- Basics of MS Excel
- Intermediate level of MS Excel
- Intermediated to advanced level of MS Excel
- Excel charts, dashboard, VBA, and macros
- Statement analysis & Ratio analysis
- and Business modeling
- Valuation of DCF
- Comparable company analysis
- Merger & Acquisition analysis
- Project finance modeling
- Pitchbook introduction and PowerPoint
- Soft skills and Curriculum Vitae
Course Fee: 35,000 + Tax
3. Career Bulls:
Career Bulls is a Delhi-based institute that offers good quality education. The staff comprises all experts. They have designed courses as per the Industry’s requirements in those sectors, bridging the gap between industry and students. Besides the curriculum, they claim to help students build their resume and cover letter, develop soft skills, prepare for interviews and create a lasting impression on potential employers. They offer various courses in the finance stream.
Course Name: Financial Modeling & Valuation with M & A
Career Bulls provides the following features in its course.
- Interactive classes for 80+ hours
- Mode of study: Classroom/online/self study
- Duration: 2.5 months
- Curriculum Vitae & Building of LinkedIn profile & Soft skills training
- Limited Batch size
- International certificate
- Investment bankers as trainers
- Placement services
Career Bulls offers many courses in the domain of finance which I am mentioning here as follows:
- Financial Modeling & Valuation with Mergers & Acquisitions
- Certificate in Investment banking & Equity Research
- CFA level 1& 2 prep
- Advanced Excel & Macros
- Finance for Non-finance
- Mergers & Acquisition (Accretion & Dilution perspective)
- Mergers & Acquisition (LBO perspective)
Detailed Information About the Basic and Most Important Introduction to MS Excel
- Excel Tools for Data Analysis
- Excel Tools for Financial Modeling
- Analyzing and presenting data dynamically
- Automating excel tasks – Macros and VBA
- Introduction to fin. statements & Ratio analysis
- Valuation and techniques of valuation
- Preparing models as per the valuation approach
- Understanding forecasting and techniques of forecasting
- Preparing models as per DCF
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Resume building & Placement session
- Final assessment
For classroom training – Rs.35,000
For online sessions – Rs. 30,000
For self-study course – Rs. 18,000
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
4. The Wall Street School:
Wall Street School is recognized as one of the most reputed training schools in the finance industry. It has trained thousands of professionals since 2009. They also provide customized Training for corporates and business people. They offer courses that suit the needs of the Industry. These courses are designed to give practical Training to students with corporate experience.
The course material is concise and up-to-date; the batches are full-time or weekend. They offer you a comprehensive understanding of how financial statements work in real-life scenarios so that you can apply them to your projects confidently.
Course Name: Financial Modelling & Valuations
Features of the Course:
- Mode of training: Classroom/online/self-paced
- They charge success-based fees
- Provide placement assistance
- Provide experiential Learning
- Provide you with Industry recognized certification
- Excel – Basic to Intermediate level
- Excel – Advanced & Powerpoint
- Basics of finance
- Study of feasibility & Bus. Modeling
- Comparable Company analysis
- DCF valuation
- Analysis of precedent transactions
- Merger model
- Leveraged buyout
- Help you with mock interviews and resume preparations
Course Fees: Rs. 50,000 + GST (on enrolment)
EduPristine is an education platform that provides a range of courses for professionals. They offer classes in different streams to suit the needs of the individual. This is why they have created diverse courses that can be taken online or in a classroom setting. It is a global educational organization to empower professionals by providing them with skills for the future.
It is a customized training institute for college students and professionals. They offer classes for Accounts, Finance, Marketing, and Soft Skills Training. They have an extensive curriculum with courses that cover all aspects of finance, from the basics to advanced topics.
It offers personalized coaching sessions to its students so they can get the best out of their coursework by having someone to guide them through the course material and help them understand it better. The platform is designed to provide customized Training for college students pursuing a career in finance.
The course is designed for students with no minimum qualification required. But to better understand the subject, students with a background in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics are suggested. The course curriculum is designed to provide students with the theoretical and practical skills required for a successful career in the field of Financial Modeling.
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course
For Classroom Training:
EduPristine’s course has a unique structure designed in 3 phases:
Phase 1: Practical and Experiential training,
Phase 2: Soft Skill Training, and
Phase 3: Market Ready
What You Learn in Phase 1:
- Content that is Industry relevant
- Hands-on Training – a case study based
- Subject matter experts’ Training
- Excel-based Training
- Certification in collaboration with BSE Institute Ltd
- Dedicated Discounted Forums
- After Course Engagement (ACE)
What You Learn in Phase 2:
- Communication – interpersonal
- Time Managing
- Skills for presentation
- Communication (Email & Virtual)
- Intelligence – Emotional
- Decision-making and Problem-solving
- Communication and assertiveness
What You Learn in Phase 3:
- Job Updates
- Career Guidance – customized
- Workshop for Interview skills
- Assistance for Resume Preparation
- Assistance for Placement
- Career Services
Modes of Training given: 1. Classroom and 2. Corporate
Classroom Training Features:
It’s a certified program of EduPristine and BSE Institute Ltd.
- Extensive classroom training for 14 days
- Lectures – Pre-recorded
- Study Notes – Comprehensive
- Real Life Case studies
- Hands-on Training
- Passionate and Experienced Trainers
- 24*7 LMS – 1-year Access
- Discussion forums – dedicated
- After Course Engagement (ACE)
- Career Services
Corporate Training Features:
- Training solutions that are customized
- Training modules are requirement based
- Curriculum – Foundation to Expert level
- Trainers – Industry Experts
- LMS Access
- Conducted Training at your premises
- Training/ Simulations – case based
- Study notes – comprehensive
- All Communications – One point of contact
- On day 1 – Tips on Excel
- On days 2 to 5 – A case study on FMCG
- On days 6 & 7 – M & A I & II
- On days 8 to 12 – Macros, Charting, and Project Finance
- On days 13 & 14 – Case Study on Accenture
1. What are the criteria for learning financial modeling?
To be eligible for financial modeling courses with placement, one must have completed their undergraduate degree or equivalent.
2. I am from a science background. Can I learn financial modeling?
Yes, you can learn financial modeling courses with placement. But you need to have basic knowledge of maths, statistics, and probability.
3. What are the commonly used financial models?
The following are some commonly used financial models:
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- The Black Scholes Option Pricing Model
- The Binomial Option Pricing Model
- The Dividend Discount Model
- The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS)
4. Is financial modeling challenges?
Financial modeling is difficult for many people because they need to gain the skills or knowledge required to do it. It’s also time-consuming and tedious as well as confusing. But the good thing is that some good financial modeling courses with placement teach you how to make and use financial models.
There is a rise in demand for financial modeling courses owing to the skillset it offers in the financial discipline that can make or break the funds of any organization for the matter. It is easy to learn as there are some reputed institutions, colleges, and universities to help you. Anyone who is a graduate in any discipline with basic knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and probability can learn financial modeling courses and grab an opportunity to serve the corporates.