Data is absolutely crucial for making smart and intelligent business decisions. As rightly said by Geoffrey Moore, “Without big Data Analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the web like deer on a freeway”. Without a doubt, Data Analytics (DA) is a rapidly growing field, and its significance and growth will increase further with time. In this article, we will give you details about what data analytics is, the career scope and growth of Data Analytics, and the data analytics courses by NIIT.
The Global Data Analytics market is expected to grow from $23 billion in the year 2019 to $133 billion by the year 2026. In the year 2022, most businesses implemented DA in ERPs and Business Intelligence Programs in order to efficiently manage the order procurement process and supply chain management.
With the escalating amount of data being created, the need for certified Data Analytics to analyze the Data is at a record-time high and will continue to increase in the coming years. However, to become a Data Analyst, you need to have Data Analytical skills.
Before taking your first step into this vast field, it is important to identify your goals and how to achieve them. One such Institute that is your Gateway to enter into the field of Data Analytics is NIIT.
The Data Analytics Courses by NIIT are structured in such a way that you are well-equipped with all the fundamentals of Data Analytics after the completion of the course.
What is Data Analytics?
Data Analytics is the process of analyzing raw data to get trends and insights and find patterns in the information. Using various techniques and processes, the raw data is transformed into a format that could be further visualized and made humanly readable.
Businesses use Data Analytics to optimize and grow by making better business decisions to reach their goals. By combining these components, a successful Data Analytics initiative will provide a clear picture of “where you should be standing” to be ahead in the business. Data Analytics affects every aspect of our day-to-day life; we probably use Data Analytics every day.
Registering a visitor or a post by the social media stats, cell phone bills pulling up months of calling data for showing patterns of usage, sensors monitoring the changing weather, and reporting the data instantly on your cell phones are a few examples of Data Analytics which we see in our everyday lives. The increase in data generation has made the Data Analyst more prominent today.
Types of Data Analytics
There are four basic types of Data Analytics:
- Descriptive Analytics: Are the sales numbers stronger than the last month? Has the number of views go up this month? Descriptive analytics tells us what has happened over a given period of time.
- Diagnostic Analytics: Did the latest marketing campaign affect the sales figure? Diagnostic analytics focuses more on why did something happen. It requires varied data inputs and a bit of guessing.
- Predictive Analytics: What happened to the sales the last time we had monsoons? So predictive analytics focuses on what is likely going to happen in the near term.
- Prescriptive Analytics: Prescriptive analytics suggests what should be the course of action.
Data Analytics Skills
Data Analytics requires a range of sharp skills to perform effectively. The top 7 in-demand Data Analytics skills that will keep you ahead in the game are listed below:
- Structured Query Language (SQL): SQL is a programming language used for Databases.
- Statistical Programming Languages (SPL): SPL such as R and Python are used to create advanced data analysis programs.
- Probability and Statistics: Probability and Statistics are two important mathematical skills that are required to analyze and interpret data trends and insights. Probability, as the name suggests, is all about chance whereas Statistics is all about how using different techniques we handled various data.
- Machine Learning (ML): ML is the subset of artificial intelligence that uses algorithms to analyze data patterns. ML provides deeper, faster, and more comprehensive insights.
- Data Management: Data management is a basic skill that revolves around collecting, organizing, and storing data.
- Statistical Visualization: Statistical visualization is the ability to tell a story by curating data into an easy-to-understand form, highlighting useful information, and removing unwanted chunks.
- Econometrics: Econometrics is the ability to understand and learn from data and create mathematical models to forecast future trends.
About the Course
Choosing what to learn and how to reach your development goals can be tough, that’s why Data Analytics Courses by NIIT offers a series of programs that will have you job-ready by providing all the key skills and hands-on experience. Pick the one that interests you, and NIIT will guide you to success.
The various Data Analytics courses by NIIT are enlisted below:
Professional Program in Data Analytics:
Become a StackRoute certified Data Analyst & Specialist. This Data Analytics Course is designed to build Data Analytics core competencies and skills. It is specifically designed for entry-level job roles. Through this program, the learners get well proficient in engineering and behavioral skills. The course is divided into 2 levels:
Level 1: The 40-week part-time online mentor-led dual qualification program will transform college graduates into Data Analytics Experts. The program is tailor-made for the final year students of B.tech/BE, B.Sc (IT/Comp Sc/Maths/Stats), B.Com (IT/Comp Sc/Maths /Stats), BA (Eco, Math) with 50% or equivalent. The program curriculum of Level-1 is divided into two parts:
Part 1- includes the following courses
Course 1- Data Analytics using Excel
- Performing basic data analysis & data visualization using Excel
- Using Statistical techniques to measure tendencies
- Measuring correlation and spread of data
Course 2- Data Analytics using SQL
- Creating database objects
- Creating popular data and data queries using SQL
- Retrieving data from tables
Course 3- Programming using Python
- Introduction of the Python interpreter
- Program writing in Python
- Introduction of decision making
Course 4- Data Science with Python
- Creating and manipulating arrays, series, and data frames
- Data frame manipulation
- Advanced operations for data frame manipulation
Part 2- includes the following courses
Course 5- Data visualization and statistics using Python language
- Descriptive analysis with Python
- Prediction with probability
- Probability distribution (discrete & continuous)
- Hypothesis testing (using Z & T testing)
Course 6- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Exploratory Data Analysis for bank customers
- Exploratory Data Analysis for IBM
- Exploratory Data Analysis case study 1
Course 7- Exploratory Data Analysis case study 1
- Understanding Tableau
- Visual creation using Tableau
- Creating dashboards & visualizing data distribution
Course 8- EDA using Tableau 2
- Advance dashboard designing
- EDA through visualization
Level 2: The level is well designed for the learners who have completed their graduation and Level 1, thus making them job-ready from day-1. Level 2 consists of the Project coursework. Successful completion of the level 2 program is eligible for Placement Assistance by NIIT.
On the completion of the course, the learners would be awarded StackRoute Certification with the titles:
Level 1- Professional Program in Data Analytics Analyst
Level 2- Advanced Program in Data Analytics Specialist
Machine Learning Program
Machine learning is one of the most in-demand programs under Data Analytics Courses by NIIT. The minimum eligibility to join the course is graduate (BE/BTECH/BCA/BSC (PCMS)) and postgraduates (MCA/MSC IT (Maths/Stats). This is a part-time, online mentor-led program with flexible study hours of 40 weeks. The course comes with 100%placement assistance. The topics covered under the curriculum are as follows:
- Data Analytics using Excel and SQL
- Introduction to Python programming
- Python for data sciences
- Exploratory data analysis & storytelling using Tableau
- Exploratory data analysis
- Capstone project 1 & 2
- Data modeling using machine learning- Part 1 & 2
- Data visualization & statistics using Python
- Machine learning mini project
- Time series forecasting
At the end of the course, the learners are well versed with most of the tools like MySQL, python, tableau, excel, etc. The learners are equipped with deeper skills and competencies to embark on a new journey in the field of data analytics.
NIIT offers 4 Data Science programs for learners namely;
Data Science Foundation Program
The data science foundation program by NIIT is a well-structured 6-week, full-time, online mentor-led curriculum. After the course, the learners would become StackRoute-certified Python programmers in Data Science. The program curriculum includes:
- Applying statistical tools and techniques
- Examining discrete and structured data using Excel
- Summarizing and representing data visually using graphs, charts, etc.
- Using RDBMS for data work
- Writing Python programs for data analytics
At the end of the course, the learners will be skilled in statistics, RDBMS, programming, data analysis, and visualization.
Testing: Advance Postgraduate program (PGP) in Data Science and Machine Learning
Designed in partnership with Fraunhofer Research Organization, the program is an 18-week, full-time, online mentor-led with placement assistance in leading companies. The minimum eligibility to join the course is graduates with 50% or equivalent. The curriculum has been divided into 3 levels with each level of 6 weeks.
Level 1(weeks 1 to 6): the students will learn about the following
- Analyzing discrete and structured data using Excel
- Applying statistical tools and techniques
- Representing data visually using graphs, charts, etc.
- Working with RDBMS for analyzing data
- Writing Python programming for data analysis using Python libraries such as NumPy, etc.
Level 2 (weeks 7 to 12): the students will learn about the following
- Source, validate, clean, store, and query data and perform data analysis for useful information
- Create data dashboards and visualization with Tableau
- Break down data to generate a hypothesis
- Validating hypothesis using statistical tools
- Storytelling for data-based business decision-making
- Business forecasting and predictive analytics using ML models
Level 3 (weeks 13 to 18): the students will learn about the following
- Analyzing unstructured data
- Creating machine learning models for decision making
- Using NLP for data analysis
After completing Level 3, the learners are required to complete a project including machine language modeling and present demo & insights. The Data Analytics Courses by NIIT equip the learner with a wide variety of skills and make the learners join the data analytics field and contribute to the wide spectrum of activities.
Advanced Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Data Science and Machine Learning (Part-Time)
Advanced PGP in Data Science and Machine Learning is a part-time, 50 weeks, online mentor-led course designed in partnership with Fraunhofer Research Organization. The course is designed to impart the skills of data analysis, visualization, modeling, etc. with complete placement assistance.
The eligibility and the course curriculum are the same as the Advance Postgraduate program (PGP) in Data Science and Machine Learning (Full time). The course is covered in two levels including the project; Level 1 is from weeks 1 to 20 and the Level 2 is from weeks 21 to 40.
Data Science Program
The data science program is a full-time course with flexible study hours of 45 weeks. The Courses provide 100% placement assistance and ensure that learners are not just equipped with technical competencies but also with behavioral competencies.
The minimum eligibility to join the course is a graduate (BE/BTECH/BCA/BSC(PCMS)/BBA/BCOM/BA Eco (with Maths) and postgraduates (MCA/MSC IT/MBA). The program curriculum has a duration of 23 to 45 weeks depending on the eligibility.
- Data analytics using Excel and SQL
- Programming introduction using Python
- Python for data science
- Exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- EDA & Storytelling using Tableau
- Capstone project 1
At the end of the course, the learners have great expertise in Data Analytics and Visualization, Python, RDBMS, SQL, etc.
Typically, Data Analytics professionals are in high demand and make higher-than-average salaries. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has suggested that data analytics professionals are much sought after by employers and the careers in the Data Analytics field will grow by 23% between the year 2021 and the year 2031.
The Data Analytics courses by NIIT are crafted in such a way that at the end of the course, the learners are equipped with the right set of skills, making them ready to perform tasks pertaining to data analytics, data visualization, programming using Python, etc.
The salary of a Data Analyst depends upon various factors like experience, industry, job title, location, etc. Entry-level careers in Data Analytics include the roles such as:
- Junior Data Analyst
- Junior Data Scientist
- Associate Data Analyst
With more experience in the field, one can reach Mid- to Upper-level roles like:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
Other best data analytics courses:
Top Industries Hiring Data Analysts
The top industries that are hiring Data Analysts are:
Business Intelligence: Business intelligence (BI) is one of the top three industries to hire Data Analysts. The Data Analyst in BI provides specific benefits for interpreting and using data.
Finance: Finance companies like investment banks, consumer banks, and capital firms uses data analytics for conducting risk assessment, making predictions, etc.
Pharma &Healthcare: Data Analytics is widely being used in the healthcare system. The healthcare data analyst manages the hospital data and analytics. They understand the business needs of the hospitals and how to achieve those needs using data.
Data collected and compiled over a period of time by the physicians provide them with comprehensive information on patients well being and actionable insights. It has helped medical practitioners to improve their care system and reduce waiting times.
Entertainment: The evolution of the entertainment industry is faster than ever. Streaming services are using big data to grow. Spotify, Netflix, Hotstar, and Amazon Prime are a few examples that provide rich media content in different formats as and when required by consumers.
These companies use web scraping to collect data from social media channels and identify the trending subject. Netflix, an entertainment giant, is using data so well that they have a success rate of 80%.
Education: The education industry is generating enormous volumes of data. Data analytics is a good way to improve teaching methodologies, highlighting the areas that students don’t find exciting and what could be done to make the course interesting and encouraging.
The education industry is using data analytics to put data into use to improve teaching and learning systems beyond the traditional classroom.
About The National Institute of Informational Technology (NIIT)
The National Institute of Informational Technology (NIIT) is a multinational corporation based in Gurgaon, India. NIIT aims at providing comprehensive knowledge of the IT sector and this makes them widely accepted and recognized by industry leaders.
NIIT is a skill and talent development company that was set up in 1981 by IIT Delhi Graduates, Rajendra S. Pawar, and Vijay K. Thadani, to help the IT industry with its human resource challenges. Since then, NIIT has been offering comprehensive development programs across the world.
NIIT is an organization that has helped people realize their true potential. It is the only company from the educational services to be featured in the Fortune India List, 2020.
At Indian Education Congress & Awards, 2020, NIIT was recognized as the “Best Education Company to work with”. With a stronghold across 30 nations, NIIT offers training programs and development solutions to individuals, companies, and institutions.
1. What makes Data Analytics courses by NIIT unique?
The Data Analytics Courses by NIIT are structured to build the knowledge and core skills that are required to perform the tasks done by the Data Analyst. The course is designed in such a way that at the completion, the learners are job-ready and well-equipped with technical and behavioral competencies. The course is entitled to placement assistance as well.
2. Are the Data Analytics Courses by NIIT right for me?
It depends on a lot of things such as; why you want to learn Data Analytics. Do you want to start a career or add skills to your professional profile? For any query feel free to contact the NIIT help desk or call on Toll-free number1800 30006448 for career counseling.
3. Is Python important for Data Analytics?
Python is a programming language that helps to clean, manipulate, analyze, and visualize data. So, yes learning and mastering Python language is an absolute must. The Data Analytics Courses by NIIT have incorporated Python in the core syllabus.
4. What is the job prospectus after completion of Data Analytics Courses by NIIT?
After completing Data Analytics courses by NIIT, there are abundant career paths depending on your knowledge and skills. Data Analytics offers a wide variety of opportunities across various industries and corporate levels. The growth and salary entirely depend upon the experience.
5. Is Data Analytics a high-paying job?
The average annual salary of a Data Analyst varies with experience. The newly qualified Data Analyst with an experience of less than a year earns an average income of $56,590 per annum. The skilled Data Analyst takes home huge salaries and excellent perks.
6. Does NIIT guarantee placement assistance?
Guaranteed placement assistance is subject to the course selected and the criteria of the recruiting company. All the information will be provided at the time of the enrolment.
The Data Analytics courses by NIIT are the most sought-after courses due to their high demand across various industries and corporate levels. One can have a flourishing and stable career in Data Analytics with the right set of technical and behavioral skills.
The Data Analytics courses by NIIT help the learner to grow progressively and accelerate his/her career. In today’s world, Data Analytics has proved to be an important component of any business. By implementing Data Analytics into the business model, companies can reduce costs by adopting structured ways of doing business and by storing large chunks of data.