GST certification courses in Madurai are some of the hot-selling courses, for an individual can obtain this certification in a short duration and start practicing on completion. As the government mandates that a person should be a registered member on the GST portal, the person has to pass an examination to obtain a certificate, before he starts his practice.
Madurai is one of the corporate cities in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a huge center for trade and commerce, tourism, IT industries providing great employment opportunities. Hence, Madurai has a combination of professionals and talent for any business to thrive.
The introduction of GST has started a new era in the implementation of Indirect Taxes. Thereby, it has remarkably contributed to Tamil Nadu’s economic growth.
Any individuals who want to understand and improve their knowledge about the concept of GST and its implementation or find a career opportunity must opt for GST courses. This article talks about the top institutes offering GST certification courses in Madurai.
Before seeing the list of GST certification courses in Madurai, we see the details about GST.
What Is The Goods and Service Tax?
GST in India was discovered back in 2000 when a newly formed committee drafted the GST law. It took more than 17 years for it to evolve.
GST (Goods and Service Tax) is an indirect tax that has included 17 other central and state taxes in India like value-added taxes, purchase tax, and excise duty. The Goods and Service Tax was introduced On 1 July 2017. It is a multi-stage taxation system imposed right from purchasing raw materials to selling to the end customers or consumers. It is also known as a destination-based tax levied at the point of utilization and not from the origin point. The GST implementation has significantly reduced the overall tax burden for consumers.
Before the GST regime, the state and the central government had imposed indirect taxes. Every state had different taxation systems. In addition to this, the states collected goods tax in the form of Value Added Tax (VAT). Hence, this led to the overlaying of taxes known as cascading effect of taxes. Here is the list of indirect taxes during the pre-GST regime:
- Excise Dutyṣ
- Additional Duties of Excise and Customs
- State VAT
- Luxury Tax
- Entry Tax
- Tax on gambling and lotteries
- Entertainment Tax
- Advertisements Tax
What Are The Types Of Goods And Services Taxes?
- CGST: Central Goods And Services Taxes
- SGST: State Goods And Services Taxes
- UTGST: Union Territories Goods And Services Taxes
- IGST: Integrated Goods And Services Taxes
Merits and Demerits of GST
Merits of GST
- GST has reduced the complexity of the previous tax system by bringing all the varied indirect taxes under one roof.
- This tax system has reduced the process involved in tax filing.
- GST has created a greater impact on India’s GDP.
- GST was also started and intended to control the corruption and black economy.
- Above all the essential feature of GST was to remove the cascading effect.
Demerits of GST:
- Though GST has assisted certain business sectors positively, it also created a negative effect on the real estate sector.
- Due to the affordability of software required to submit tax registration in digital format, the cost of taxation has considerably increased.
- Compared to the previous tax version, the burden for SMEs has increased because in the previous tax system firms only with more than 1.5 crores annual income were liable to pay excise duty, whereas GST reduced it to 40 lakhs only.
- Science petroleum products are excluded from GST, there is a long-standing criticism from the opposition and also from people so that it could bring down their cost value.
- The complexity of tax distribution between the center and state governments.
Ideal Candidates For The GST Certification Courses In Madurai
- CA in Practice/Job/Fresher/student
- CS Professionals/students
- IAS aspirants
- MBA Finance
- ICWA Professionals
- Chief Financial Officers
- LLB practitioners/students
- Independent Tax practitioners and Consultants/Graduates
- Com/M.Com graduates
- A graduate or postgraduate has a degree in any of the following Commerce, Law, Banking including Higher Auditing, Business Administration, Business Management.
After completion of GST certification courses in Madurai, candidates eligible for the GST Practitioner Exam
Section 48 of the Central GST Act 2017 specifies the conditions, criteria, and the process involved for a candidate to be a registered GST practitioner. Any registered business, firm, company, or organization will be able to approve the GST practitioner to file returns on their behalf.
- The candidate needs to have Indian Nationality.
- The candidate has to have a sound mind.
- The candidate must not be convicted by any court of law.
- The candidate is not adjudged insolvent (when a person’s liabilities exceed their assets).
- An under-grad/post-grad/equivalent degree in Business – administration or management, trade, commerce, law, banking, from the any recognized University of India which is approved by law.
- An equivalent degree from any of the foreign universities that are acknowledged by an Indian University.
- Having an equivalent to any degree examinations from an Indian University/Foreign University listed below:
- Passed Final exam of Inst. of Chartered Accountants of India
- Passed Final exam of Inst. of Cost Accountants of India
- Passed Final exam of Inst. of Company Secretaries of India.
- A retired officer of the Commercial Tax Department belongs to any of the State Governments of India or The Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC), recently christened as the Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC). A gazetted officer for a minimum term of two years or previously worked in a post of Group-B (or higher).
- A sales-tax officer who has experience of 5 years or more.
- A CA/CS/Cost & management accountant with a Certificate of Practice (CoP) or without it.
Benefits of GST Certification Courses in Madurai:
- Aids in income a considerably higher salary (An increase up to 15% to 25% on an average).
- Opens up many job opportunities for individuals.
- Candidates can start their consultancy services.
- Develop skills in various domains such as taxation, finance, and accountants.
- Development of skills of professionals of different domains- offers a good environment and well-structured course content, additional resources, and material.
- Courses are suitable for Graduates of arts, commerce, or engineering.
- Professionals want to migrate from one domain to another, say- finance to taxation.
- Individuals who crave career opportunities in taxation.
What You Can Learn From GST Courses In Madurai?
- Registration and filing of GST
- Auditing and assessment
- Eway billing
- Offenses and penalties
- Principle terms, and concepts under GST
- Levy of GST
- Returns, refunds, and payments under GST
- Ethical practice and professional opportunities
- Relevant allied laws
Top 5 GST Certification Courses In Madurai
Here we listed the top GST certification courses in Madurai so that you choose what is suitable for your convenience.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is one of the best online education institutes certified globally. They aim to provide the best education at an affordable price on live online and self-paced learning modes. The faculty is well experienced over 12 years as professionals in the industry. During the professional certification course, candidates have case studies and real-time hands-on experience.
Course: GST Certification Course
Course Duration and Fee Structure
4 weeks of live classes and 16 hours of lectures. The course fee is Rs. 2900.
Eligibility and features of courses
- Graduates and students, Finance and Accounting sector experts, business owners/ startups, and retired.
- Understanding details about Goods and Services Tax.
- Applicants can access the session recording and other course materials through the LMS portal.
- The Master GST certification from IIM SKILLS.
- The program consists of 9 modules and 16 hours of lectures.
- IIM SKILLS conducts live online sessions for 4 weeks.
- Practical assignments and hands-on training will be given to the candidates.
- The candidates get trained in different GST invoicing tools and software implementation.
- Placement support and freelance options will be provided.
- The trainers are highly skilled and qualified professionals in the industry and instant query resolution is an opportunity for the students to understand all the topics clearly.
- GST concept and its impact on businesses
- Framework and Structure of GST
- Invoicing and Return Filing of GST
- Registration and Composition Scheme under GST
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- E-Way Bill under GST
- Input Tax Credit and Payment in GST
For more insight, read IIM Skills GST Course Review
Other Courses offered by IIM Skills:
Phone: + (91) 99 11 839503
2. ICAI – Madurai
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) provides certification courses on Goods and Services Tax only to the members of the ICAI, and the members who want to pursue GST certification courses in Madurai are required to have a basic understanding of the Goods and Services tax topic. The course content provides all the factors of GST completely to provide specialized understanding for the members.
Course Features and Eligibility as follows:
- The members should get registered for the course.
- The trainers for this course will be an integration of chartered accountants, academicians, advocates, and industry experts.
- After passing the examination, the members will get certification
- The members will receive a certificate after completing the course and passing the examination, which comes twice a year. Duration: 10 days
Course cost : ₹ 12600 + GST.
3. ICSI – Madurai
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India offers a Certification Course in Goods and Services tax with an idea to enable the members and professionals with the specialization in the area of GST. This course trains the participants on how to face the different challenges in the taxation field by giving a comprehensive study for better knowledge about laws and taxation systems in India.
The course features are given below:
- The course is mainly for Members and Professional Programme students of the ICSI.
- The cost of the course is ₹ 7500 + GST to be paid online.
- The course is a completely online session and the duration, of course, is 5 weeks (60 hours)
- The Examination will be in multiple-choice questions so the candidates can attend the exam from anywhere.
- After registration to the course, you will receive a soft copy of the course content.
- After completion of the course and passing the examination, candidates will receive the certificate.
- The positions of Company Secretaries in the Goods And Services Tax period are Advisory, Representation Services, GST Compliance in Employment, and GST Practitioner.
Also, find out the Best Online GST Courses
Address and Contact Information
C-3, III Floor A R Plaza
16/17 North Veli Street,
Madurai – 625001.
Udemy is an online learning platform that provides the best courses in GST and facilitates individuals to acquire new skills and update knowledge in taxation. The professionals who are already in the industry can learn the certification courses in GST on Udemy since it is an online learning platform from anywhere in the world.
The main advantage of Udemy is time flexibility for professionals to complete the course for the participants who cannot attend the classroom-based sessions. Also, it has many free courses on GST which helps to get basic knowledge about the GST.
The main requirement to attend GST courses in Udemy is the basic knowledge of accounting and taxes along with computer knowledge. Some of the courses provide knowledge of practical aspects of GST law in India. The cost of courses is affordable and lifetime access will be provided for the courses. The courses can be attended by persons from accounting, finance, and commerce backgrounds.
- Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Registration and Tax Invoice
- Accounts and Records
- TDS and TCS
- Transitional Provisions
- Eway Bill
- Assessment and Audit
- Inspection, Search, and Seizure
- Offense and Penalties
5. NIIT LTD
The company was established in 1981 to help new IT businesses to tackle human resources challenges. Since then, the company has been extending its horizons in other skill development programs. It provides one of the best GST certification courses in Madurai.
Now, it is one of the top skill development cooperation and made its presence in more than 30 countries. The company strives in developing the workforce to meet the needs of the multinational industry and provide skills training to individuals and institutions.
Course: Introduction of GST
Course Duration: 20 hours
Fee Structure: 3800/-.
Course Features And Eligibility
- com degree or graduates with commerce as the subject of interest till Class XII and have knowledge about the taxation system are eligible to take the course.
- Enables the student to have an understanding of GST, its implementation, and its effect on the taxation system.
- The course is structured and combined with the Tally online certification exam.
- The course offers comprehensive learning and real-time practice on data sets.
Check out the Top GST Certification Courses in India
- Concepts of GST, GSTN, and GSP
- Supply of Goods and Services
- Time and Value of Supply
- Invoicing and Input Credit Mechanism
- Consequences of Non-Compliance
- Accounts and Records
- GST and Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Job Work and Non-Resident Tax Payer
- E-Commerce and Compliance Rating
- Tax Return Preparer
- Audit Process
- Demands, Recovery, Appeals, and Revision
- Liability to Pay
1. What is the application process for GST practitioners?
- Log on to the authorized website.
- Select the ‘Register Now’ option.
- Select the drop-down list shown as GST practitioner.
- Select the relevant state and district.
- Enter the legal name exactly as mentioned in the PAN database.
- Submit the personal details.
- Enter the OTP received after clicking on move.
- Applicants will receive a temporary reference number to the submitted email ID.
- ‘My Saved Application page is displayed.
- Then, fill in the general details like applicant particulars, and professional address.
- ‘Verification Page’ displayed after saving the necessary details.
- Click on submit with DSC formal to submit the form.
- Submit the e-signature.
- Then, click on send with the EVC option.
2. What different types of GST are there in India?
There are three notable types:
- Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST)
- State Goods and Services Tax (SGST)
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST)
3. What is the formula to calculate GST?
Formula is – GST Amount= Original Price* GST % / 100.
4. When GST was introduced in India?
GST in India was discovered back in the year 2000 and it took 17 years for it to get implemented in India. The Goods and Service Tax was executed on 1 July 2017.
5. What are the advantages of GST certification courses in Madurai?
Following are the advantages of pursuing the GST certified course:
- It helps to increase a person’s wage by 15% to 25% on average.
- It increases the number of employment opportunities available to people.
- It helps individuals to set up their consulting firms.
- It provides a classroom setting for enhanced learning as well as designed course content.
It is crucial to find the best place to obtain the essential information. It is hard to find and select the best one from among the many institutions. To reduce the difficulties that people usually face in selecting an institution and learning location, we have done it for you to help your concern and allow you to focus your efforts on learning by reducing the process of finding. Put an end to your search by enrolling in one of the suitable courses right now.