Which Data Analytics course should I go for? Does it offer enough hands-on training to launch my career? Does it offer any placement assistance to its students? Is the course really worth my money and time? What starting salary can I expect once I complete the course? What will be my short and long-term future prospects after doing a Data analytics course? If you are passionate about learning Data analytics, but these doubts are stopping you from pursuing it, we have got you covered. In this article, we will provide you with all the important information you need to answer these questions satisfactorily. In addition, we will also share a well-researched list of the Top 5 online courses for learning Data analytics with Python with you. Once you’re done, you’ll have a clear idea as to which course is the best one for you.
Interested in learning more about Data Analytics Courses? Continue reading!
So First, Why is Data Analytics a Rage These Days?
Data is more precious than it was ever before. It has become an integral part of businesses and companies are using it to optimize their business decisions. However given the volume of data available, it can become quite a challenging task. And that’s where Data analysts come in. They can help sift the reams of data efficiently and translate it into useful insights that companies can leverage upon.
Thus, companies are actively hiring professional data analysts who can maneuver data to uncover relevant information for designing critical business strategies and guiding organizational decisions. But as it’s a critical function, companies are looking for qualified and trained analysts who are well-versed in the programming languages and tools to do the job.
But Why Data Analysis With Python is the Most Preferred?
These days data analysts worldwide use many programming languages to perform analysis, but for most businesses, Python is considered the best choice.
While Microsoft Excel, R, SAS, etc., are popular in the industry, Python has proven to be the best and the most widely used programming language globally.
Python is the first choice of data analysts for multiple reasons. The simple syntax makes Python quite easy to pick up and use.
The flexibility offered by Python makes it simple and user-friendly for even new data analysts to use in their roles.
A massive ecosystem of libraries and tools makes Python an excellent choice for data analysis as it can quickly create and manage data structures, allowing you to analyze and work on complex data sets.
Is the Future of Data Analytics With Python Bright?
Data analysts are one of the most sought-after profiles in the corporate world today. As the companies are relying more and more on data for making decisions they are looking for the right data analysts who can help them crack the data and derive maximum value from it.
As data continues to rule decisions and strategies in the near future, the continued advancement of big data and artificial intelligence technologies too indicates the future of data analytics is definitely bright.
Coming to future prospects of Data analytics with Python in particular, it is already known as a universal language because of its simplicity, versatility, and ability to run practically any system of architecture available. To add to its popularity, it is also the most popular language for AI, with libraries such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, thus making it a programming language of choice for the present as well as the near future.
It is predicted that Data analytics with Python will have a very strong position in the software development space in 2023 and onwards.
Does Data Analytics With Python Pay You Well?
Yes, Python is currently one of the best-paying skills in the tech industry. If you’re looking to earn well or increase your earning potential as a programmer, Python is definitely a skill worth acquiring.
Just to give you a quick perspective, if you are an entry-level data scientist with less than one year of work experience- you can draw a salary of Rs 500,000 per annum approximately.
On the other hand, if you carry 1 to 4 years of work experience, you can draw somewhere around Rs 6 lakhs per annum.
And as you build your skills and grow your experience to 5 to 9 years you can draw a salary of around Rs 10-12 lakhs per annum.
As in any sector once you prove your mettle and rise to the senior level your salary grows too and you can draw Rs 20 lakhs and above per annum in India.
How Can a Course Help You to Accelerate Your Career?
Well, to be fair Data Analytics with Python can be learned on your own with the help of many free resources available out there. But there is a catch. The learning curve in the case of self-learning can be very steep as it’s a skill that is best learned from experts. Also, Data analytics with Python requires you to thoroughly practice what you have learned to fully grasp the subject and get comfortable with it.
And that takes the right guidance and supervision. So, if you plan to accelerate the learning process and have a lower learning curve then live classes might be the best option for you. Live courses provide you with an interface to learn from veterans and equip you with sufficient hands-on training through timebound assignments.
These projects and real-life assignments push you to practice what you have assimilated in your classes and consolidate your learning by actually doing. And that’s what makes all the difference -Training and practice. In addition, a well-structured live course builds up your confidence and competence through mentor interaction, peer interaction, community learning, and regular feedback- perks that are completely missing in recorded video courses.
So, go for a course that offers you live classes, real-life projects, well-rounded course curriculum and doesn’t just stop at imparting concepts and a completion certificate.
TOP 5 Courses for Data Analytics with Python (online)
If you are contemplating enrolling for a Data Analytics with Python course but are confused by all the information floating around, take a look at our shortlist. We have researched and picked the Top 5 online courses that are recognized worldwide and offer one of the best-in-class curricula along with strong placement track records. But before you delve into the list, take a quick look at the key parameters we have considered to pick and rank the courses.
Criteria of Selection and Ranking
- Overall coverage of concepts included in the course
- Trainer engagement style and reviews of ex-students
- Number of alumni or successful past participants
- Course reviews from credible forums
- Value for Money proposition offered by the course
- Mode of delivery of the course
- Placement help and track record
- Partner company network of the institute
After evaluating the above parameters in depth, we have enumerated the pros and cons, USPs, and key features of the courses.
Our verdict in short👍
- Best Course Overall for all levels: Data Analysis with Python [IIMS.COM]
- Best Short Introductory Course for Beginners: Udemy
- Best Intermediate Course: Udacity
- Best Advanced Level Course: Coursera -Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Best Course for Free: IBM Data Analysis with Python [Coursera]
#1 IIM SKILLS
It is one of the industry’s most trusted certifications. This course is one of the most comprehensive ones on the list and includes 160 Hours of Lectures and 100+ Hours of Practical Assignments. This 6-month long course with a 2-month optional internship helps you master all the required data analytics skills and provides you with a real professional experience.
- Course Name: Data Analytics Course
- Course Duration: 6 Months plus 2 months optional Internship
- Course Fees: 49,990 Rs. (excluding taxes)
- Mode of Delivery: Live online sessions
- No. of students trained: 18,500 plus
Course Curriculum includes
- Introduction to Statistics, Mathematical Foundations, Data Science and Analysis
- The Essentials of Python
- Operations with Numerical Python-Numpy
- Data cleaning
- Data analysis using Python
- Various Visualization tools
- How to visualize geospatial data
- Advanced tools for Visualization
- Hypothesis testing
- Statistical methods
- 100% Internship guaranteed
- The only course on the list to offer a guaranteed interview
- Classes conducted by subject experts with an emphasis on practical knowledge
- The course offers lots of opportunities to practice, including 7+ Live Projects, 10+ Case Studies, and Mastery of 7+ Tools
- You get the flexibility to choose between weekdays and weekends. So, if you are a working professional, you can still pursue your passion without compromising your work commitments.
- You learn how to leverage high-end tools and technology
- Lifetime access to all the resource material, class recordings, and additional resources to build knowledge via a well-developed and easy-to-navigate LMS
- You earn a Master’s certificate on successful completion of the course.
- You get placement help along with career guidance.
- You become qualified and ready for high-in-demand job profiles such as senior data analyst, data scientist, data science analyst, etc.
- Offers you free demos to give you a glimpse of the course structure, mentor’s teaching method, and nature of the sessions.
Why IIM SKILLS is our Top Pick?
IIM SKILLS topped the ranking chart because:
- IIM SKILLS has a great standing in the online ed-tech space and is recognized by Govt. of India.
- A certificate from IIM SKILLS offers you a solid credential and is well-accepted by the best of companies worldwide.
- Companies are assured that you are fully trained and work-ready from the word go, thus giving you an edge during the placement process
- You get to learn from the veterans and that gives you a big advantage of learning by questioning and interacting as opposed to one-way course videos.
- The course offers tremendous value for money.
- A strong record of thousands of successful alumni gives you extra assurance about the quality of the course.
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee in case you do not like the course.
Course Name: IBM Data Analysis with Python
Course Duration: Self-paced
Course Fees: Free
Mode of Delivery: Recorded Videos
This course teaches you fundamental concepts of Data Analysis with Python through 6 modules. Each module is finished off with quizzes and some learning exercises.
You will learn to become comfortable handling large data sets, preparing them for analysis, and creating visualizations. This course is a starting step and to acquire more skills, you can enroll in other programs offered on Coursera:
- Data Analyst Professional Certificate -IBM
- Data Science Professional Certificate-IBM
- Applied Data Science Specialization
Course Curriculum includes:
- Importing of Datasets: teaches you how to use Python’s libraries for importing data from different sources and how to carry out basic tasks such as examining the data set you have imported.
- Data Wrangling: This module will help you learn how to carry out data wrangling operations and the basics of the pre-processing stage of data analysis. You will learn how to develop the Python code for cleaning and preparing data for starting the analysis – how to handle missing values, formatting the data for a better grasp, normalizing the data, etc.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: In this module, you will learn to understand data distribution, perform correlation, and basic descriptive statistical data, such as mean, median, mode, and quartile values, etc.
- Model Development: In this module, you will learn about polynomial regression, sample analyses, and using the R-squared.
- Model Evaluation: In this module, you will learn model evaluation and methods for data model refinement.
- Final Assignment: With this session, you will work on your last assignment as a data analyst and work for a real estate investment trust company.
Pros & Cons
- It is a part of multiple IBM professional certificate programs.
- Free to enroll
- Offers practice through quizzes and six assignments
- Offers a Certificate of Completion
- It’s a multi-part course, thus you take a lot longer to graduate from beginner to advanced level courses before you become work-ready
- You will be required to have a working knowledge of Python and Jupyter Workbooks.
- You will have fewer resources to practice
- You lose out on all the benefits of the live sessions
Highlights and USP of the Course:
Besides a certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge.
#3. Udemy Python for Data Analytics – Beginner to Advanced
Course Name: Python for Data Analytics – Beginner to Advanced
Course Duration: Self-paced
Course Fees: $60
Mode of Delivery: On-demand Videos
Overview: This Data Analytics with Python course includes 40 lectures with a total duration of 2 hours. Thus, it’s a short introductory course that touches on topics to get you started. It also includes 11 articles and 6 downloadable resources.
- Fundamentals of Python
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Pandas for data cleaning, analysis, and data manipulation)
- Analysis of Time Series
- Learning about Python Libraries designed for data visualization
Pros & Cons
- The short length of the video gives you bite-sized modules to grasp quickly
- No previous knowledge is required as the course takes you through the basics
- Budget-friendly given it’s just a crash course for getting you started
- Certificate on Completion
- You will gain a limited overview of Data Analytics with Python given the course structure
- You will not get a hands-on training
- Q&A via email only
Key Highlights and USP 👍
You don’t need to have any prior knowledge of Python or statistics since it’s covered at the beginning of the course.
Other best data analytics courses:
- Online Data Analytics Courses
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Data Analytics Courses in Delhi
- Data Analytics Courses in Bangalore
- Data Analytics Courses in Kolkata
- Data Analytics Courses in Noida
Course Name: Data Analyst Nanodegree Program
Course Duration: 3 months
Course Fees: $250 per month
Mode of Delivery: On-demand videos
Overview: The course mainly teaches organizing and cleaning up data, deciphering patterns and useful information, making predictions using machine learning, and communicating your findings and insights.
- Introduction to Data Analysis with Pandas and NumPy
- Intro to Pandas
- Exploratory data analysis
- Basics about data visualizations
- Jupyter notebooks
- Data analysis
- Data cleaning and Data storage
- Data collection
- Data quality assessment
Pros & Cons
- You will get unlimited access to learning resources
- Your projects will be reviewed
- Classes conducted by industry experts
- You will attain a Certificate of Completion
- It is not for beginners. It has a specified list of prerequisites that students must have in order to learn and benefit from the course.
- It requires participants to have prior knowledge of the basics of Python, statistics, Pandas, fundamentals of Data analysis, Basic SQL, and Elementary algebra
- It is not for non-English speakers as you will need to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
- It’s a costly course priced at $750
#5 Coursera -Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate
Course Name: Coursera Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate
Course Duration: Self-paced ( Estimated completion time -6 months at 10 hours a week)
Course Fees: Free
This online Data Analytics with Python training program offers 200 hours of instruction and practice-based tests to practice advanced data analytics.
- Data Science and Regression Models
- Predictive Modelling
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Statistical Analysis
- Machine Learning and Python Programming
- Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Jupyter Notebook
- Basics of Data Visualization (DataViz)
Pros & Cons
- You get access to videos
- Exams are conducted and hands-on projects assigned
- You earn a certificate from Google
- Not for beginners as advanced topics require you to have prior knowledge of basic analytical principles, statistical skills, and tools.
- You do not get the benefits of live training
Key Highlights and USP
Capstone Project: As part of your capstone project, you’ll get to practice what you have learned.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Which is the best online course for Data analytics with Python?
The Data Analytics course offered by IIM SKILLS is a good choice if you are looking to start your career immediately after completing a course. If you are already a Data Analytics professional and are looking for some upskilling, then you can also go for Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate.
Is Data Analytics a good career?
In one word, YES. We are in a Data age, where even a single login on a site can generate lots of data. And with the advancement of technology, data gathering is going to grow by leaps and bounds in the future. But to make sense of this data and render it useful, companies will need smart and professional business analysts. So, the future is truly promising.
Is an online Data analytics with Python course worth it?
Gaining a certification in Data analytics is important as it equips you with all the skills and the know-how required to find a job and start your career as a data analyst. An online course offers you an opportunity to learn from the best while being in the comfort of your home. For working professionals or people with family responsibilities, the online option is the best suited one.
Do I need prior knowledge of Python to enroll in a Course in Data Analytics?
It truly depends on the course. Some courses are designed end-to-end and do not require you to have any prior knowledge of stats or Python. While some courses require you to be well-versed in basics to fully learn from the course and keep up with the pace of it.
What are common job roles you get after the course?
There are many roles available in the job market for data analysts, but some of the popular ones include Data Scientist, Business Intelligence Analyst, Financial Analyst, Data Engineer, Data Architect, etc.
As discussed, the opportunities after learning Data Analytics with Python are many. So, pick a course that suits your requirements and learn the skills you require to kick-start your career in Data Analytics. The right course will always act as a perfect bridge between your learning and your career. So, choose right and choose well.
All the best.