Investors have to do a lot of brainstorming to study when to invest, how much to invest, and where to invest as even a tiny mistake can create an obstacle in a company’s growth. Investors’ activities include raising money for companies, governments, and other entities. They plan and manage the finances of large projects and save their clients time and money by identifying risks. They may also advise about how to structure the deal. They also provide services such as risk assessment and management to ensure that the bank makes safe financial decisions. Below is a guide to the best institutes with investment banking course eligibility.
Investment Banking: Investment banking is related to the creation of capital for companies, governments, and other entities. Investment banks approve new debt and equity securities for all corporations, sale of securities, and facilitate mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and broker trades for both institutions and private investors.
Interested students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board to be eligible for investment banking courses in India. To become an Investment Banker in India, taking up any particular course or stream is not mandatory. students with having good understanding of financial assets and investing can potentially become Investment Banker.
The field of Investment Banking is highly competitive, and having completed a professional program in a related stream makes a student an ideal student for a job. Investment banking course is a very popular course in the field of finance. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for financial services sales agents is expected to grow by 4% by 2029.
Investment banking course is a very specific term in the field of finance that deals with subjects such as banking, debiting, crediting, loans, capital markets, and several other subjects. Some of the other professions similar to investment bankers are branch manager, credit manager, financial risk manager, and others.
List of Investment Banking Course Eligibility – for the below categories
- A bachelor’s degree in BBA
- MBA degree holders
- Finance professionals
- CA / ACCA / CPAs
There are a variety of investment banking courses, you can find the best that suits your needs and budget. There are 3 pathways through which one can get a job in investment banking.
- As an undergraduate
It is easy for undergraduate students to get into finance by enrolling themselves in investment banking courses. After completion of an undergraduate degree, one can pursue the investment banking course within 1-2 years of graduation or at the MBA level. Undergraduates need to have leadership experience
- As a recent graduate
Many recent graduates start their career in investment Banking such as corporate banking or corporate valuation. You can also do a master’s in Finance or an MBA in Finance. Recent graduates can even use their full-time roles, off-cycle internships, and rotational programs. Several graduates and experienced professionals aspire to become investment bankers for high-paying jobs.
- At the MBA level
If you are doing an MBA program, you can alternately start your career in Investment banking. MBA-level students should have full-time work experience and internships. An MBA in finance is the most common pathway to a career in investment banking. students can pursue an MBA in Investment Banking as their higher education.
You will also have work and leadership experiences demonstrating your interest and commitment to investment banking.
Top Entrance Exams for Investment Banking Course Eligibility for Graduates:
CAT (Common Admission Test) –
XAT (Xavier Admission Test)
SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test):
IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade):
Students need to appear for Management Entrance Exams such as CAT, XAT, MAT, and SNAP. To learn about financial markets, stock evaluation, risk management, and financial capital there are investment banking courses. These courses can be pursued as certification, diploma, or full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degrees.
Students can make a career in the banking sector and can go for any of these banking courses. Different Colleges have different procedures for enrolling aspiring students. Some institutes allow direct admissions whereas other institutes have a merit-based admission system designed for admission in banking courses.
- Investment Banking Course Eligibility of 50% in class 10 – The Certificate course in Investment Banking is a course that deals with in-demand strategy and practicals
- Investment Banking Course Eligibility of 50% in class 12th – Diploma in Investment Banking Course. Investment Banking course eligibility after the 12th -with a duration of 1 – 4 years including a Certificate in Financial Analyst, Certificate in Public Accountant, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Banking and Finance, and Diploma in Banking and Finance.
Admission for the Investment Banking Course Eligibility after the 12th examination is made based on both entrance examinations and academic performance.
Fees for the Investment Banking course Eligibility after the 12th examination would be in the range of 14,000 Indian rupees to 66,000 Indian rupees per semester.
- Investment Banking Course Eligibility of 50% Undergraduate – GPA in business
- Investment Banking Course Eligibility of 50 % graduation in Finance stream – Postgraduate Investment Banking Course
The industry of banking and finance plays an important role in the Indian economy. Students are getting into banking courses in increasing numbers every year, because of the quick development and advancement of the products as well as various services that banks offer and an expanding necessity for monetary incorporation in our nation, there is a colossal interest for experts with particular information and aptitudes.
Investment Banking Course Eligibility Skills Requirements:
- Must have Analytical skills.
- Must have strong spreadsheet and numerical skills.
- Must have teamwork and leadership skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must learn quantitative skills
- A willing to work in the investment banking industry.
- Basic knowledge of finance and statistics.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing the Investment Banking Course –
- Accreditation – The course must meet high standards of quality education. It should be accredited by a reputed organization.
- Curriculum – It must cover all the latest essential topics such as financial modeling, valuation, and mergers and acquisitions
- The instructor should be an experienced professional with practical knowledge.
- Facilities – It must offer modern online facilities as per today’s busy schedule and offer soft skills training, CV building, and help in interview prep.
- Cost – It must offer reasonable prices and easy EMIs.
- Placement – It should support and guide placement.
Investment Banking – Average Salary Source: Payscale
- Analyst earns $100-$125K as base salary and $150-$250K as total salary
- Associate earns $175-$225K as base salary and $300-$550K as total salary
- Vice president earns $250-$300K as base salary and $500-$900K as total salary
- Director earns $300-$350K as base salary and $800-$1200K as total salary
- Managing director earns $400-$600K as base salary and $1000-$3000K as total salary
After Completion of the Investment Banking Course, You Will Have the Following Choices Available:
- You can pursue a Ph.D. or a master’s degree.
- Ph.D. degrees will give you a doctoral degree.
- After achieving a Ph.D. degree you can post a thesis.
- You can assist organizations in making decisions about asset investments.
- You will receive an excellent wage package for your experience and knowledge.
- You can also grow and achieve the highest management positions in the organization.
Investment Banking Career in India
Positions in the investment banking hierarchy-
- Analysts- Analysts start their career just after graduation. They are at the bottom of the hierarchy and do the most labor work including presentations, analysis, and administration.
- Investment Banker Associates- Investment Banker Associates have at least 3 years of experience. They also have the same roles and responsibilities as the Analyst and some extra responsibility. The extra responsibility includes the role of a liaison between junior and senior bankers and with exception he/she also needs to interact directly with customers.
- Vice President- A vice President provides strategic direction for the bank. They also oversee the daily operations of the bank and generate new business for the bank.
- Senior Vice President / Executive Director. Executive Director is the highest level of job in the investment banking sector. This level is the mixture of roles of vice president and managing director. The roles differ from bank to bank and group to group. They do a lot of execution work and project management work. They also focus on developing relationships and winning clients. On average, if the Executive director performs his roles and responsibilities well, they will get promoted in 2-3 years.
- Managing Director- Managing directors are typically the heads of the various group divisions. Some people work under them including directors, vice presidents, associates, and analysts. The directors deal directly with the Executive director, Vice President, Investment banker associates, and analyst. A managing director will work with the group’s directors who report to them. They also took charge of hiring and firing employees, setting policies and priorities for the team members, and giving direction on deals that needed to be pursued.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS offers highly professional courses that empower learners to advance in their careers and contribute positively to an organization. It helps to fast forward our career and helps to build our future. IIM SKILLS provides writing, marketing, Finance, and Analytics programs. IIM SKILLS helps to learn the job relevant courses with high-quality curriculum at an affordable price and flexible schedule.
Smart reasons to enroll in the IIM SKILLS Investment Banking Course are:
- You can solve your doubts with the trainer in real-time even when you have completed your course.
- In most of the courses, as described, you will get a 100% paid internship.
- You will get access to all the reading materials, recordings, and ebooks for a lifetime through LMS.
- You will get 100% placement assistance.
- During the training period, you will build your personalized portfolio.
- To gain real-time practical knowledge, you will get weekly assignments.
- Like our normal classrooms, here you will find a live interactive classroom with 2-way communication.
- You will get a chance to learn from the best faculty and industry experts
- You will get dedicated managers with 24*7 learning support.
- After the successful completion of the course, you will get an internationally acceptable certification.
Investment Banking Course Eligibility – 12th with 45% marks
Course name – Investment banking course
Duration – 3 months
Admission process – Online
Fee Structure ₹ 39,900 + 18% GST.
EMI: Pay in 7 Interest-Free, For INR 6,726/Month.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
Type – Online, live interactive sessions.
- MS PowerPoint
- Fundamentals of financial system and market
- Derivatives Market
- Technicals of Investment Banking
- Different Marketing Collaterals
- Technicals of financial modeling
- Business Valuation
Investment Banking Course Exclusive features:
- Interactive virtual classroom
- Highly qualified team of instructors
- Flexible schedule – weed day and weekend
- User-friendly LMS – Learning Management System
- Master certification that can be shared on LinkedIn profile, and other social media accounts
- Internship and placement support
- Resume preparation and interview support
- Support and guidance throughout your life
- The guidance provided by experienced personnel
- 20 or more hours of interrogative discussions
- Training period of above 50 hours
- Support of 10 or more template options
- 5 and more case research
- Complete Employment Assistance
- Counseling for Interviews
- Establishing the LinkedIn presence
- Over 100 hours of Applied Exercises
- Extended accessibility to the basic study materials
- Fully refundable
Your journey of the Investment Banking course at IIM skills –
- Select your batch from two batch options at your Convenience
- Attendance – minimum 70 % is required ( video recording is also counted )
- Examination – After training, once you are eligible for an online examination, the minimum qualifying score is 50% for the exam
- After completing the exam, you will be awarded a Master Investment Banking certification in the form of a soft copy.
- This course comes with a one-month internship program. It is an unpaid internship but offers first-hand industry-level experience.
- Guaranteed job placements depend on individual aptitude and merit. Placement support includes job referrals, interview preparation guidance, Interview preparation tips, and personalized career advice.
- Being a certified Investment banker, you are ready to have a high-income job in the finance sector. investment banking specialists have a range of exciting career to explore that includes –
- Establish your agency
- Advancement in your current designation
- Job in top MNCs
IBM badges are recognized by the global IT industry. In partnership with IBM, this certification program helps beginners and professionals to master in-demand skills that are critical for today’s career opportunities. This course helps to understand the Indian Financial System, Stock Markets, Derivatives, etc. They also include the professional skills that enable you can work on capstone projects that will solve real-world problems.
Course name – Advanced Certification Program in Investment Banking Operations in
Investment Banking Course Eligibility – Valid Degree in commerce stream
collaboration with IBM
Duration – 375 hours
Fee Structure – ₹ 75,000 EMI starts at ₹ 8,333
Course Curriculum – The top skills taught are:
- Financial Planning
- Value Investing
- Fixed Income Securities
- Money Market
- Trade Life cycle
- Financial Modelling
After successful completion of this course, you will earn your EduBridge Investment Banking Operations course certificate, Employability Skills certificate, and three IBM Course Certificates. You can also share your certificate on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, boost your resume, and frame it.
3. Indian Institute of Management Indore
With this program, professionals will be equipped with the knowledge and necessary skills including asset management, security valuation, and derivatives instruments that help investors achieve specific investment goals.
Course name – Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking (PGCPIB) at IIM Indore
Duration – 12 months
Fee structure – 4,00,000
Course Curriculum –
- Financial Reporting, Analysis, and Valuation
- Financial Management
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Investment Banking I
- Investment Banking II
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Options, Futures, and Derivatives
- Economic Environment
- Spreadsheet Modelling for Finance
- Industry Lecture
4. Intellipaat and IIT Guwahati E&ICT Academy
The course curriculum is created, designed, and guided by IIT Guwahati professors. This course helps learners who wish to work in investment banking services. This academy offers an Investment Banking Certification Course covering Stock Lending, Risk Management, Trade Life Cycle, Asset Management, and more.
Investment Banking Course Eligibility –
Course name – Advanced Certification course in Investment Banking Operations
Duration – 7 months
Fee Structure ₹ 98,040
Investment Banking Course Eligibility – Individuals with a Bachelor’s Degree
Career services offered by Intellipaat –
- Once the learner is moved to the placement pool after clearing the Placement Readiness Test (PRT) Placement opportunities are offered.
- After 80% of course completion, Exclusive access to the Intellipaat Job portal
- Technical experts conduct many mock interviews They offer tips and constructive feedback for improvement and reference.
Course Curriculum in detail includes Live courses and Industry Expert
- Preparatory Sessions – Data Transformation using MS. Excel
- Fundamentals of Investment Banking
- Cash Equities and Fixed Income
- Introduction to Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
- Derivatives Markets
- Introduction to Reference Data Management
- Corporate Actions
- Asset Management and Concepts
- Introduction to ISDA and Reconciliation
- Stock Borrow Lending and Related Concepts
- Managing Collateral
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Trade Life Cycle
- Regulatory Environment and Risk Management in Investment Banking
- Customers and Anti-Money Laundering
- Equity Valuation, Business Valuation & Strategic Investments
- Capital for new business, Primary and secondary capital markets
- Quantitative and computational techniques for capital markets
- Job Readiness
You will practice 20+ essential tools.
You will get real-world experience
It is designed by industry experts
Projects are categorized for beginners –
Excel predictive Analytics and forecasting
Yield to maturity project
Foreign exchange and money market
Projects are categorized as Intermediate –
Credit Swaps in the Derivatives Market
Credit events in Derivative markets
Projects are categorized as advanced –
Stock borrow lending
- 5 Months of Live Sessions by Industry Professionals
- Industry Capstone Project
- One-on-one Interaction with Mentors
- Certification from E&ICT, IIT Guwahati
- Career Services by Intellipaat
- 24*7 Support
- Soft Skills Training
- No-Cost EMI Option
Also, check the other best courses:
- Online Investment Banking Courses
- Investment Banking Courses in India
- Investment Banking Courses in Delhi
- Investment Banking Courses in Mumbai
5. Career Bulls
Career Bull is an education industry that creates set-off courses by understanding the gap in the current job market between a recruiter’s expectations and the level of students ‘s skills. The courses are very relevant to the industry and help them to be ready for the industry with skills and knowledge.
You will receive and experience customized attention, be prepared for interviews, and improve your skills. Career Bull also offers help with job placement and provides industry-recognized certificates.
Course name – Investing Banking and Equity Research Certification
Duration – 3.5 months – Live Interactive Online Classes
Fee Structure ₹ 37,999.
Course Curriculum in detail:
- Introduction to MS Excel
- Excel Tools for Data Analysis
- Excel tools for financial modeling
- Analyzing and presenting data dynamically
- Automating Excel tasks using MAcros and VBA
- Introduction to financial statements and ratio analysis
- Valuation and its technique
- Preparing models as per the relative approach of valuation
- Understanding forecasting and its techniques
- Designing models as per fundamental analysis-DCF
- Mergers and acquisitions
- How to write Company profiling
- Introduction to Equity Research Report Writing
- Introduction to Case Study Analysis
- Industry research and analysis
- Introduction to Pitchbooks
- Resume building and a placement session
- Final assessment
On successful completion, the certificate of completion is 1-2 depending on the performance, and an Additional Certification from Financial Modeling Institue, Canada- Online Test.
+91 – 97175-75668
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs: Investment Banking Course Eligibility
Q.1 What is Investment Banking?
Investment banking (IB) is a unique banking industry that pertains to the wealth development of specific businesses, institutions, and governments. Thus, investment banking is a segment of the financial service sector that assists and monitors organizations, governments, and institutions with raising capital through Initial Public Offerings and conducting transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Q.2 What do Investment Bankers do?
Investment Bankers assist customers in raising funds in the capital financial market by selling stock or insurance of debt in their business. This position involves supporting clients with mergers and acquisitions and advising them on investment options. Additionally, Investment Bankers are responsible for analyzing the businesses and investment options to identify which ones are the most likely to be the safe investment. Furthermore, they regularly monitor their customers’ investments to ensure they are operating as intended.
Q.3 What are the Skills Required in Investment Banking?
Working in Investment Banking often requires numerous skill sets to meet its client’s specific demands. Alongside having robust Excel, financial modeling, technical finance skills, and PowerPoint skills, it’s crucial to have soft skills. Below are some of the hard and soft skills that will help you excel in this field.
● Attention to detail
● Keen observation
● Relationship Management
● Dedication to learn
● Strong work ethic
● Written and verbal communication skills
● Excel skills
● Financial Modelling skill
Q.4 What is Investment Banking Course Eligibility – for Enrollment?
Investment banking courses are frequently an excellent fit for people to pursue a career in the financial industry. These programs are for beginners, graduates, and professionals who want to transition into investment banking from other industries, finance professionals aiming to advance their careers, or even entrepreneurs and businessmen looking to gain a deeper understanding of financial markets and transactions.