Data Analytics Bootcamp is quite the mouthful. Is it not? So, let’s break down the terms individually for a better and more comprehensive understanding. The Latin word Data is the plural of datum, which means “something given”. Data when put in layman’s terms it means “pieces of information” that is reliable. In the computing domain today, data refers to information that is translated, which is efficient, and can be used for processing.
Next, come to Analytics, what does it refer to? It refers to the systematic detailed examination of data. The subject of Computer science is a domain that uses math, machine learning, and statistics to find evolving patterns that are meaningful.
Therefore, Data Analytics is a tool that is employed to go through huge amounts of data, to identify and translate the data and to showcase or present the resulting data as a useable knowledge or outcome.
What does a boot camp mean? Is it, not a military term? Essentially, boot camp is a term used in reference to a military training camp with extremely strict and, rigid measures, for the new recruits, where they are put through many different high intensities of functional fitness and added to which they have to adhere to very high discipline norms too.
To summarise the above, a Data Analytics Bootcamp is that, which is designed with the intent to provide highly intensive knowledge-based learning in a short duration of time. These programs are in essence short, and rigorous, and are intensive training programs that aim to provide a particular technical skill set.
They offer a strong fundamental foundation in the particular skill set and equip you for a career and make you ready to take on the industry in that particular domain, in today’s market.
Data Analytics – A Quick Run-down.
Data analytics is the heartbeat, tone, and tenor of the modern day, that’s constantly buzzing with AI, bits, bytes, and more. The world is currently totally run on technology and data-based information and this looks to be a trend, it’s more a norm these days and it is here to stay.
The market today is driven by decision-making that is based on data that is analytical and has sound backing and logic. It has therefore, become inherent for all businesses, be it big corporate giants or small stores, to incorporate, realize and reap the benefits by using the analytical tools that data analytics has to offer.
It has become so indispensable that, the demand for data analysts has become high and the career prospects are never-ending. A career as a data analyst is highly lucrative too. But hey, let’s pause and ask ourselves, “Do I need it?”, a Data Analytics Bootcamp?
It is a valid question to be asking yourself, for you are investing not just your money but also your time and effort go into the program as well. Also, those of you with more experience tend to think and ask, “Can I do this?” or even ask, “Do I need this, I have so many years of expertise under my belt.”
Or think, “What more could this teach me?” Time for answers, so, here we go! As a data analyst, you need to be able to sift through enormous amounts of data to get actionable insights. Knowing what, where, and how to look at and interpret data, becomes a tedious and unsurmountable task.
As a specialist in this profession, one is trained to create algorithms that can be applied to vast sets of data. These then go on to help in gleaning information that aids in arriving at more applicable and solid business solutions.
You need to learn how to handle the data that is assimilated, how to interpret it, use the tools to predict and anticipate, and arrive at business decisions that are not only sound and profitable but at the same time enable the business to eliminate problems if any and help the business achieve better efficiency and growth in the market amongst its competitors.
Some of you might be looking for a career change and wondering if this you be a right fit for you. Let me tell you this if you are a person who is a critical, out-of-the-box thinker, with an aptitude for problem-solving and can take quick logical decisions by thinking on your feet, then this is an area you should explore and is most likely to excel in too.
It is truly a happening and intense career. You are not wrong to ask yourself this, “Having no know-how or expertise, can I do it?”. Data Analytics Bootcamp, to your rescue. They help structure your dominance and enable your foray into this upcoming, hot, and happening domain.
The boot camp will help you to develop and hone an analytic frame of mind. It will aid in the process of making strategic business decisions and interpreting data effectively, especially in the areas of marketing, finance, and human resources, to name a few.
Don’t worry about being new to the profession, the boot camps are designed to equip you with the necessary skills and enable you to rise to the challenges in the same. Even though it’s yes, an absolute affirmative to join a boot camp, let’s discuss further and see why these programs are so popular, what they do for you, how they teach you to operate, what you would learn, and so on.
Any Data Analytics Bootcamp you come across will be designed and structured in such a way that it can equip and prepare the students for a future in the field of analytics.
It readies you for a job as:
- a market research analyst
- a business intelligence analyst
- a healthcare analyst in the medical field
- an operational research analyst
- an intelligence analyst
- a data scientist
These are some of the areas where there is a high demand for the job of data analyst and it has shown a steady increase in its demand in the job market today.
As most businesses from factories to the service care industry, the health industry, and the intelligence community, of them have a need for a data analyst and it is a very lucrative and high-paying job with many takers switching careers to cash in on a great payday!
A data analyst makes as estimated by Ambition Box a salary that ranges between ₹2.6 lakhs to ₹15.4 lakhs, and an annual average salary of ₹6.8 lakhs today in India.
Data Analytics Bootcamp – How To Make The Right Choice?
Each of us will most definitely have certain factors already locked in when it comes to choosing and making a decision on which Data Analytics Bootcamp to join. In case you haven’t, let’s help you with a few basic ones here. We’ll take a look at the basic elements and shed a little light on each of them for better understanding as we go.
Most of you would already be working full-time jobs and therefore, already have a full schedule. You need to see that your options and your time will be limited when you take on both at the same time.
On the other hand, those willing to take the time off, to give more time to the course will have more choices and can devout more time making full use of the intensive grueling pace that the boot camp would put you through in preparation for your new career.
Money Matters –
You need to work out how much money you are willing to shell out for a boot camp. There are completely free boot camps and ones that cost thousands for the course fee. Most of the institutes nowadays offer in-house financial assistance in the form of scholarships.
Some even have easy installment payment options with certain banking institutions and offer good discounted deals too. A monthly subscription model is also available, in case that is easier than paying the money all at one go.
Certification Recognition –
This is a very important factor and is not to be ignored because some companies and employers accept and acknowledge certification only from certain institutes.
It is an important choice, as it makes a fundamental difference in the way you approach your learning process.
- So, personal comfort is vital when it comes to choosing between a great online course as opposed to a good offline program, if I’m a person who needs regular feedback and mentoring, I should opt for the latter.
- Some of them even offer a subscription-based, self-paced learning module. Choices are many but go with the one that would work best for you.
- Weigh the pros and cons, keeping yourself in mind while making this evaluation, and don’t rush the process.
Mentors and Career Coaches –
Make sure that the boot camp program offers mentors from leading organizations in the industry so that you are immersed in the same on a one-on-one basis.
- Hands-on learning from people who are in the industry helps in developing and sharpening your required skill set. As a part of the certification process, they sometimes offer a short real-time immersion process with a live project. These will not only present well and look good on your data analytical portfolio but will add extra value to it too.
- Ensure that regular feedback on your performance is given, this helps to keep you motivated and enhances the learning, putting you on the right progressive path.
- Some of the boot camps offer and enable you to work one on one with a career coach, don’t deny yourself this opportunity. Use it, even though you know how the job market works in general, these coaches will have a direct line to the industry.
- What does the above, do for you? A career coach will not only know your strengths but will know exactly where and how you will be able to showcase those skills. The insights that they will be able to offer you, due to the personal interaction will be beneficial to you, as they will also know about entry-level trainee programs. Such information is usually not advertised and hence as an outsider, you will not have access to such career openings and beginnings.
Check here the best data analytics courses:
- Data Analytics Courses in India
- Data Analytics Courses in Gurgaon
- Data Analytics Courses in Pune
- Data Analytics Courses in Hyderabad
Data Analytics Portfolio –
A data analytics portfolio is very essential if you want companies to take you seriously. What is this and how to go about getting this done?
- To answer the first part of the question, it is a catalog, a repository, that lists and highlights your best projects. And the second part of the question is where your boot camp program comes into play and can be of significant help to you, especially for a beginner who is looking to make a career change.
Capstone Projects –
Capstone projects are that which are academic in nature, where the student is encouraged to conduct independent research.
- Many programs include capstone projects. Capstone projects enable students to work independently, to improve, and to develop aspects like research, analytical thinking capabilities, teamwork, oral communication, presentation, and critical problem-solving abilities.
- It showcases your ability to handle a problem throughout the entire data analytics process. It is a key factor that will show your prospective employers your potential and ability to apply the skills that you have acquired from the classroom and implement them in the real world. This also goes along to demonstrate your adaptability and agility to upgrade yourself and keep current and updated on the latest market trends.
- So, you should look for projects that speak to what you are passionate about, this will help in showcasing yourself better.
There is always that element of doubt that remains in our minds despite all the information and the thorough research that we would have done to get all the elements, aspects, and various other factors before we make our decision on anything in particular. So, let’s take a quick glance at the questions that are frequently raised when talking about a Data Analytics Bootcamp.
1. What is a Data Analytics Bootcamp?
A Data Analytics Bootcamp is a very rigorous, intensive, fully packed program that is specifically curated with the intent to prepare and motivate learners of all ages for a career in the various fields of business analytics, like, marketing, research, and business.
2. What is the cost of a Data Analytics Bootcamp?
There is no one answer to this question as there are many choices and their combinations also impact the pricing. If we were to ballpark the figure, a good Data Analytics Bootcamp in India, offered by Simplilearn starts at an average cost of ₹4,500 per month. The most expensive is the boot camp at Thinkful at $18,500.
3. Is it worth the return on investment to attend such boot camps?
Any Data Analytics Bootcamp will provide you with the basic level of skill and knowledge required to get a job as a beginner, an entry-level data analyst position in the market today. There will be boot camps that offer more, not only in terms of in-depth knowledge and skills but also challenging you to rise to the occasion and push you out of your comfort zone.
They make it very hard before it gets easy, and this ensures to keep the quality of their learners is high. They will keep raising the bar and challenging you so that you find your true potential. The projects that you complete will reflect well on your portfolio and therefore attract the kind of companies that you are looking for during your job search.
You could be doing the course to upgrade yourself in your current job or you are looking to make a career change, either way, data analytical skills are a major advantage to have in your armory.
4. Are these boot camps helpful in ensuring a job on successful completion?
Yes, organizations now look for people with the latest upgrades and certifications from certain programs to make a difference too when it comes to the process of getting a job.
So, if you would like to work for a certain company, ensure that your certification program is recognized by them. Be more cognizant of this fact. It will ensure that you don’t end up regretting spending all that time and money.
In the field of Data Analytics, you can go anywhere, quite literally too. It can take you anywhere, especially if you keep your options open, and are open to change, like relocating, for example.
5. What are the key elements to look for in a Data Analytics Bootcamp?
The teaching and approach to the syllabus should be versatile and interchangeable and applicable to various fields.
The course should clearly outline the tasks, followed by, detailed instructions on the how-to and to end with, resources are introduced to learners only as and when necessary. It should not be a data dump, everything presented upfront. This deters the learning process and does not yield the desired results.
A data analyst is the first stepping stone to the world of Data science. Therefore, the learning curve should progress and go higher. The boot camp should be able to engage and entice you to dip your toes into the next level and aim higher.
6. What is the estimated time it takes from a novice to becoming a qualified data analyst?
This a question that does not have any one or specific answer, as it is dependent on many dynamically changing factors. If you are working full time, then it may take upwards of a year, and shorter if not.
There is no cut-and-dry method to this. What you should understand is that you have to do it at your own pace, so that, you can devote the efforts the course requires and reap the benefits in the end.
As exciting, promising, and lucrative as the job sounds, you need to understand and know what you are willing to give. You need to have a clear vision of what your goals and priorities are, even before you join any of the Data Analytics Bootcamp courses that are in the market today.
It’s okay to have apprehensions and doubts, they are a natural process of thought progression. What could help with this is if you take up an evaluation program to know more about it.
- This will help you shortlist and choose the right program for you.
- Try and participate in a free introductory course. The duration of which will be short and it will give you a clear understanding of what the field is about. You will get to know if you have an aptitude and liking for data analytics before you go ahead and enroll yourself in a full-fledged paid Data Analytics Bootcamp program.
- Another time-tested method is to ask friends or peers at work who have done similar or know of people who have done such a course. This will get you more first-hand information, giving a better perspective from a learner’s point of view, and will not have a marketing bias to it.
- It will put your mind at ease to know that, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics this job market is set to see a rise in demand for the next 8 years, till 2031. Keep trying till you succeed.
Don’t overlook the smaller job opportunities that come your way once you complete your course. Remember that the mighty oaks grow from the small little acorns. Small opportunities are the pathways to opening larger doors. They can turn out to be the best thing, that could set you on the path to success. Someone who is hugely successful today began in a small and mediocre way. Wishing you good luck, have a great career and always be the best version of yourself. Cheers!