The world of data analytics is constantly evolving, and it can be tough to keep up with the latest trends and best practices. That’s why more and more people are turning to data analytics courses to improve their skills. If you’re considering taking a data analytics course, Australia is a great place to do it. Taking top-level data analytics courses in Australia can provide many prospects around the planet. There are many reputable institutions offering data analytics courses at all levels, so you can find one that’s right for you. Here, we will take a look at some of the top data analytics courses in Australia.
Data analytics is a process that uses data and statistics to find patterns, trends, and relationships between different pieces of information. This helps businesses and organizations make decisions based on the insights they gain from this process. Data analytics courses in Australia can provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in this field.
The demand for data analysts is growing rapidly, as businesses increasingly rely on data to make informed decisions. A career in data analytics can be very rewarding financially and in terms of job satisfaction. If you are passionate about working with data and want to make a difference in the way businesses operate, then a career in data analytics could be for you.
The first step to becoming a data analyst is to complete a data analytics course. There are many different types of courses available, so it is important to choose one that suits your individual needs and interests. Before choosing any course, you choose, make sure that it is accredited by an industry body such as the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
This ensures that the quality of the course is up to scratch and that it’ll be recognized by employers. Once you have completed a course, you will need to gain practical experience in order to progress your career. One way to do this is by completing an internship or working as a research assistant on projects related to data analytics. This will allow you to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned during your studies and develop your practical skills further.
What is a Data Analyst’s Salary in Australia?
The average salary for a Data Analyst in Australia is AU$65,450 per year. Salaries range from AU$ 48,650 to AU$ 79,450 per year. Many factors can affect a data analyst’s salary in Australia. The size of the company and the industry they work in are two of the most important factors.
Data analysts who work for large companies tend to earn more than those who work for smaller companies. Data analysts who work in the financial sector tend to earn more than those who work in other industries. The location also plays a role in determining a data analyst’s salary in Australia.
Data analysts who work in major cities like Sydney and Melbourne tend to earn more than those who work in smaller towns and cities. Data analysts who have experience and specialist skills tend to earn more than those who are just starting in their careers. Those with experience in data mining, programming, and statistics tend to be among the highest earners.
The Scope of Data Analytics in Australia
There is a lot of scope for data analytics in Australia. The government is making a big push toward digitalization and data-driven decision-making, and there is a huge demand for skilled professionals who can make sense of all the data that is being generated. Data analytics courses in Australia can help you develop the skills you need to take advantage of this growing industry.
There are many different applications for data analytics, from marketing and customer relations to financial analysis and risk management. Australia is home to some of the world’s leading companies in data analytics, such as IBM, SAP, and Oracle.
This means that there are plenty of opportunities for employment after completing the course. With the right skillset, you could be working in any number of industries, helping businesses to make better decisions and stay ahead of the competition.
What to Expect From Data Analytics Courses in Australia
There are a number of data analytics courses in Australia, each with its own unique focus. However, there are some common themes that you can expect to see across most data analytics courses in Australia. These themes include:
-Data collection and management
-Data analysis and interpretation
-Statistical modeling and prediction
-Communicating results effectively
Data analytics courses in Australia will provide you with the technical know-how and knowledge necessary to work effectively with data. You will learn how to collect, manage, and analyze data, as well as interpret and communicate your findings. In addition, you will develop key statistical modeling and prediction skills that will allow you to make better decisions based on data.
How to Choose the Right Data Analytics Courses in Australia
There are a few things to consider when selecting data analytics courses in Australia. Firstly, you need to decide what level of data analytics you need. There are entry-level courses that cover the basics of data analysis and interpretation, and advanced courses which cover more sophisticated techniques.
Take into account your own schedule and commitments when choosing a data analytics course. Finally, make sure you can commit to attending classes and completing assignments, as this will ensure you get the most out of the course.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Australia
Data Analytics Courses in Australia
There is no dearth of data analytics courses in Australia. Here is a list of the top data analytics courses in Australia that will help you make an informed decision:
Rank #1. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
1. RMIT University:
RMIT is one of the world’s leading universities with the State of Art facilities and infrastructure. Their well-designed curriculum gives you the freedom of putting the theory into practice while working with leading organizations. Master of Analytics covers the basics of data analytics and its applications in businesses.
You will learn about statistical methods, predictive modeling, and machine learning. Bringing together tools and expertise from computer science, engineering, and business, the Master of Analytics builds on the tradition of statistics and operations research. In addition to having a strong core of statistics and operations research, this degree offers a wide array of electives.
- Features seven core subjects and nine electives, and the Master of Analytics curriculum is highly flexible.
- An emphasis is placed on problem-based and work-integrated learning, while exposure to industry projects will help you develop your analytical
- Students will also be able to apply for placements or internships that will count toward their studies.
- During the curriculum of this course, you will gain hands-on experience with state-of-the-art statistical software which is in demand.
- Personal and professional awareness, including the ability to contextualize outputs, reflect on the experience, and apply the principles of lifelong learning to new challenges
- Fundamental and applied mathematical and statistical knowledge, methodologies, and modern computational tools
- The capacity to bring knowledge together and flexibly apply it to characterize, analyze, and solve various problems
- Teamwork and project management capabilities,
- The ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical material in various forms (written, electronic, graphic, oral) and tailor it to the audience.
A bachelor’s degree from an Australian university (or equivalent international qualification), in any subject or, at least 10 years of professional experience in a related field.
Rank #2. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
2. Queensland University of Technology:
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a renowned public research university located in Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1989, the university has grown to become one of the largest universities in the state of Queensland, with over 50,000 students enrolled across its five campuses.
The university has a strong focus on providing opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience through internships, industry placements, and research collaborations. Under Master of Data Analytics at QUT, you will learn about data mining, visualization, and reporting.
This data analyst course will give you the exposure to step up to the forefront of a rapidly expanding field of expertise that can be used in various industries. Grow your skills with the help of experienced academics and pioneering researchers who utilize data science and analytics to manage global industry dilemmas and have international connections.
- Master the analysis of the ever-growing volume, variation, and speed of data in our world.
- Renowned academics are experts in their field and have close ties with the industry to ensure that students receive a practical and high-quality education.
- Enable you to make strides in transforming data into valuable insights that can truly drive progress and inform decisions.
- This course equips you with the ability to succeed in the dynamic, continually-evolving field of data analytics.
- You will gain insight into specialized subjects such as advanced statistical data analysis, data mining techniques and applications, data manipulation, analytics for information professionals, and advanced stochastic modeling.
This program requires two years of study. To be eligible, you must possess a recognized bachelor’s degree (or any higher qualification) with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.00 (as indicated on the 7-point scale of QUT).
2023: $26,600 per year full-time
Rank #3. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
3. University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) is located in Sydney, Australia. With a strong focus on research and innovation, UNSW is home to the prestigious “Australian School of Business” and the “Kirby Institute for Infection and Immunity”.
Furthermore, UNSW is ranked as one of the top universities in the world, with its research output, industry connections, and international outlook making it a leader in the field of higher education. Get ready for excellent employment prospects in this rapidly expanding area with the Master of Data Science and Decisions. You will learn programming languages, problem-solving, and processing/ interpreting /presenting data using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- This master’s program will extend your expertise and knowledge in computer science, statistics, and business analytics if you have prior industry experience, putting you in a leading role in your field.
- The curriculum of this program focuses on three fundamental aspects: mathematics and statistics, computer science, and economics.
- You will acquire research and communication skills through project work.
- Most comprehensive data analytics courses in Australia. The curriculum covers a broad range of topics including data mining, machine learning, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis.
- Give students the skills and knowledge they need to pursue a career in data analytics.
- Many graduates have gone on to work for major companies such as Google, Facebook, and Microsoft.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field as determined by the program authority.
- You also need to demonstrate a strong background in mathematics and/or statistics and/or data science, which is indicated by an average of 70 or above in an appropriate third-level university course.
- Proof of your proficiency in English
Rank #4. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
4. Curtin University
Curtin is one of the world’s most distinguished universities, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019. Also, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 puts Curtin in ninth place nationally. At Curtin, students can acquire a globally recognized degree while adding a global dimension to their qualifications.
Graduate Certificate and Diploma course in Predictive Analysis along with the Master’s in Predictive Analytics caters to the escalating requirement for data scientists who have the accurate mix of specialized and analytical capabilities to confront the challenge of large data analytics.
This is its own kind of data analytics course that teaches advanced aptitudes in data management, mining and visualization, decision methods, and predictive analytics, with a focus on their applications to various fields, such as engineering, networking, business, and finance.
- Apply research to employ an understanding of the underlying principles of data analytics to generate a qualified interpretation of the data.
- Discover creative means to enhance operations through the compilation, generation, and analysis of data.
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds, positions, and countries; share data analysis findings through written, verbal or electronic communication;
- Recognize the worldwide nature of predictive analytics in industry and apply international standard practices and skills for satisfactory prediction outcomes regardless of discipline or location.
- Enables you to work on cutting-edge projects in the space of innovation and commercialization, drawing on sophisticated research methods and techniques.
- You’ll develop an excellent understanding of the science and application of predictive analytics, and how to improve and develop prediction software.
Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or commerce from a recognized university.
Applicants need to demonstrate proficiency in English
Total indicative course fee
- Data Analytics Courses in the UK
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
- Data Analytics Courses in London
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
- Data Analytics Courses in Germany
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
Rank #5. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
5. Monash University:
Monash University is a member of the Australian Technology Network of universities. It has the largest number of students of any university in Australia. The university has a research focus and is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities by four major ranking systems. Data analysts play a crucial role in advancing industry, commerce, governance, and research, so graduates with skills in this field are highly sought after.
The Master of Data Science at Monash University is a well-designed data analytics course which is an on-campus program, that teaches you how to explore data and discover its potential – how to find innovative solutions to real-world problems in science, business, and government, from technology start-ups to global organizations.
- You gain an understanding of the analytical, organizational, and computational aspects of data. You also learn how to manage data and its impact on society.
- It includes foundational units in programming, databases, mathematics, and statistics.
- Data science objectives, data analysis, pre-processing, and visualization are covered in the core coursework.
- Electives in data science include machine learning, semi-structured data analysis, and big data handling, which give you the opportunity to deepen your skills in data analytics and machine learning.
- In addition to developing the most up-to-date material, the faculty maintains a strong foundation in established theories and platforms, such as Python and R, Hadoop, and Spark.
- If students wish to exit early, they can earn a Graduate Certificate or a Graduate Diploma in Data Science.
- Utilize knowledge of the data lifecycle and analysis process to plan a data science project for a new application
- Identify, analyze, document, and communicate the core issues and requirements for developing data analysis capabilities in a global organization
- Identify and communicate ethical and legal issues and norms related to privacy and security, and other areas of community impact associated with data science.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any field- 2 Years
2 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field- 1.5 Year
A$44,900 (2022 fees p.a.)
Rank #6. Data Analysis Courses in Australia
6. University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is ranked 8th globally in graduate employability according to the 2021 QS Global Employability Rankings, highlighting the international value of their degree. Students have access to well-developed campuses, sustainable facilities, and innovation precincts, as well as to over 8,000 academic and professional staff that mentor a student body of almost 50,000, including 13,000 international students.
Moreover, the university equips students with globally recognized qualifications and prepares them to be highly capable, adaptable, and thoughtful professionals, entrepreneurs, thinkers, collaborators, and community leaders. The University of Melbourne majorly offers 3 courses which are a Graduate/ Professional Certificate in Applied Data Analytics along with a Master’s degree.
Their data analytics courses in Australia are a comprehensive introduction to data analytics. You will learn about statistical methods, predictive modeling, and machine learning algorithms.
- 2 years part-time
- Available to domestic and international students
- you will learn about analytics technology – its capabilities, limits, and limitations – through evidence-based practice.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the challenges associated with the appropriate use of data in the public and private sectors.
- Gain a competitive advantage by using data to make informed business decisions
- Communicate analytical findings confidently to clients, colleagues, executives, and key decision-makers.
- You will be able to create bespoke solutions that improve outcomes by developing industry-specific knowledge.
- You will benefit from one of the world’s fastest-growing industries and highest-paying jobs.
- The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in a cognate field
- Three-year undergraduate qualification and at least 50 credit points of graduate study in the corresponding field;
- An undergraduate degree in a corresponding field and two years of documented, relevant work experience;
- Working experience of eight years in a relevant field.
NOTE: Please note that this course is not available to international students who require a student visa to study in Australia, since it doesn’t meet the onshore study requirements and isn’t registered with CRICOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Data Analytics in demand in Australia?
The demand for data analytics professionals is growing in Australia. Businesses are eager to use data to gain insights into their customers and make better decisions. Thus, they are actively looking to hire people who can analyze data efficiently and help them make more informed decisions.
Is Australia a good place to do a course in Business Analytics?
Australia offers the perfect pathway to gain knowledge in Business Analytics. It is home to leading universities, equipped with the latest technology for learning and development. Taking up a data analytics course provides a great working environment and a plethora of job opportunities after graduation. Recent news reports have revealed that data analysts with business knowledge are highly sought after in Australia, and their compensations are nearly three times the national average.
What skills are needed to be a successful data analyst?
To excel as a data analyst, you must possess strong math and analytical skills, have a logical and analytical mindset, and be detail-oriented. Moreover, you must be able to effectively communicate your insights to those who will use them to make decisions.
What is the IELTS requirement to get admission to an Australian University?
To get accepted into the leading universities in Australia for Data Science, you must achieve a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. Different universities may have varying IELTS requirements.
Are Australian universities giving preference to applicants who do not have corresponding undergraduate degrees?
It is feasible to gain acceptance on the basis that you have achieved the required percentage in your degree program and demonstrate ample professional experience. As a result, you can gain an edge over the competition with an effective personal statement, exceptional reference letters, and an impressive resume.
Overall, completing data analytics courses in Australia can provide students with a well-rounded education in the field. The coursework is challenging but stimulating, and graduates will be prepared for a career in data analytics upon completion. Australian data analytics courses are highly respected worldwide, making them an excellent choice for those looking to enter the field.