In a world evolving around technology, it would be impossible to imagine how different life would be without the tools and techniques we have been using in various industries. Starting your career or taking up the right course could be confusing for beginners and professionals too. Well, this article will help you understand the importance of data analytics, the role it plays in the current industry, and how can one develop skills, learn, and upgrade oneself in this field. There are a lot of courses on data analytics that would be quite overwhelming, and you would not want to spend on a course just like that. So, to make things easier, we have curated this article that also helps you choose the best data analytics courses in Edmonton.
Read on to learn about:
What is data analytics?
Types of Data Analytics
Importance of Data Analytics in Business
Why is data analytics in demand in Edmonton (Canada)
Why should you consider your career in Data Analytics in Edmonton?
What are the career prospects in Data Analytics?
What are the qualifications required for pursuing Data Analytics courses in Edmonton?
Data analytics courses in Edmonton.
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is the pure science of evaluating raw data to arrive at closures about information. Data analytics helps convert raw information into applicable conclusions that help industries thrive and grow. It also enables them to deliver solutions to problems of their customers that help bring in profit. There are various tools and high-tech that make problem-solving and finding trends much easier. Now, every person must be assigned tasks as per their job profile and understanding data analytics requires a person skilled in this field. This is where you will have to play your role as a data analyst, data scientist and so on.
Types of Data Analytics
Now that you are familiar with the definition, let’s explore the four different types of data analysis.
Descriptive Analysis: This looks at what has happened in the past. There are two important techniques used- data aggregation and data mining. The data analyst first collects information and portrays it in a detailed format, this makes the aggregation part. And then mines the data to learn patterns. This process makes it simpler for a large audience to understand and interpret.
Diagnostic Analysis: This type looks at the “why”. The first thing a data analyst would do is identify the abnormalities in the data. If it’s inexplicable, look at the cause of the problem.
Predictive Analysis: As the definition says, here they predict what could happen to the future of the company. This type of analysis is used to foresee all types of consequences. Helps predict that products will be a great hit at a certain period, and how much a company’s revenue will increase or decrease at a given time.
Prescriptive Analysis: A Data analyst prescribes the right actions and decisions a company should be making for better revenue and growth. They would consider a wide range of possible structures and evaluate various steps the company will have to take.
This is one of the complicated types of analysis and requires working with algorithms, machine learning, etc.
Importance of Data Analytics in Business
Data Analytics in business helps industries in various sectors, from creating strategic techniques to making risks easier for their business.
Here are 6 important benefits of data analytics in business:
- Gain a significant understanding of the target audience. This helps the company learn about its customer’s preferences, needs, and purchasing behaviour.
- Improve decision-making skills and ensure that the company does not engage in unproductive strategies or unwarranted marketing campaigns for its products and services.
- Create strategies and marketing efforts so that the company knows it’s engaging with the right audience.
- With much customer feedback and data, it helps the business optimise products and services.
- Helps a company create new products that will bring in revenue, drive better customer relations, and increase competitiveness with other companies.
- Reduce data security threats by helping the company detect issues and mend them.
Why is Data Analytics in Demand in Edmonton?
Over a significant amount of time, Data Analytics has seemed to be very important across various industries and companies in Canada. Data Analytics courses in Edmonton have been in demand ever since.
Healthcare: This industry has seen a major transformation over the years with the use of digital health records and digital healthcare systems. Data analytics plays a very important role in understanding patient data, identifying disease impressions, bringing improvement in patient outcomes, and improving healthcare systems. The important goals are enhancing patient care and reducing overall costs.
Retail: The retail industry in Canada has become significantly competitive, and companies are using data to understand customer behaviour, preferences, and purchasing patterns. With the customer data, the retail industry can develop better marketing campaigns and improve overall customer experience.
Education: Data Analytics has been gaining importance in the Education industry in Canada. It helps in improving student outcomes, personalising their learning experience, and identifying students who need additional teaching support. By understanding student data, educational institutions can enhance curriculum design, track student progress, find areas to improve and intervene.
Finance: With an increasing incidence of fraud and risk, the finance sector solely relies on data analytics to overcome these issues. Data Analytics helps the finance industry to make the right decisions, minimise risks, and provide customised solutions to their customers.
To sum it up, Data Analytics has been in great demand across various industries in Canada due to its ability to deliver insights, improve decision-making, and increase working efficiency. Data Analytics courses in Edmonton produce the best professionals who have excelled in the areas mentioned. If you have been pondering over this, read on to know why you should choose a career in data analytics.
Why Should You Consider Your Career in Data Analytics in Edmonton?
A career in data analytics in Canada is highly profitable as the pay scale is higher. Moreover, Data Analytics courses in Edmonton help in shaping up your skills and abilities to excel in this field. Their alumni have been working in some of the best companies globally.
There has been a great demand for professionals in data analytics due to the increasing dependence on data-driven decisions across various industries. This has led to a shortage of skilled professionals and increased career prospects with exceptional pay scale.
According to industry reports, entry-level data analysts can expect anywhere between CAD 55,000 to CAD 70,000 per year. For the ones in higher positions or with extensive experience and responsibilities, salaries can go up to CAD 120,000 per year or more.
Cities in Canada like Edmonton and Mississauga have evolved as major tech and Bizz hubs attracting various companies that solely rely on data analytics. According to Indeed, the salary of a data analyst in Edmonton ranges anywhere from CAD 63,974.
Besides, their standard of living, work-life balance, and opportunities for professional growth make it an excellent destination for data analytics professionals.
The other reasons you could also consider for choosing a career in this field are:
- Different roles– There are plenty of roles to consider that could align with your skills and interests such as data scientist, business analyst, data engineer, and so on.
- Utilizing technology– One would get to deal with tools and cutting-edge tech to extract information from the data that could sound quite challenging and interesting.
- Effective work– The professionals in this field assist an organisation in making impactful decisions thus leading to their success.
- Career growth– As you make progress in this industry that lands you with opportunities to boost your career and work with various professionals, you are also moving up the ladder starting from entry-level and working up to management roles.
What Are the Qualifications Required for Pursuing Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton?
It’s a common assumption that one would require an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree in the current field. And it’s not always the prerequisite to consider for an entry in this course. This confusion is always created between data analytics and data science as these are two distinct fields. Data Science incorporates analytics along with other technical skills and requires a formal degree in relevant subjects.
If you have the innovative trait and enthusiasm to learn the skills required, then all you need is a certification of your knowledge. Some of the skills to possess are technical knowledge, soft skills, and industry-specific knowledge.
Now, that we have covered the qualifications required in this field, let us move on to the best Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton. I have jotted down the top 6 institutions for your reference.
Top Six Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
Rank #1. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#1 Data Analytics Master Course by IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the best institutions in India to deliver top-notch education and career assistance. This is an online learning platform that allows its students to gain access for a lifetime and supports them throughout their course of learning. Data Analytics has seen massive popularity among students, and this would be your safest and best choice.
Features of Data Analytics Course:
- Easy access- This online platform enables its students to access this course anytime, anywhere.
- Master the industry-relevant tools- Power BI, Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, and Python.
- Exceptional faculties to deliver online sessions and career guidance.
- Demo sessions about the insights of the course.
- Live training sessions with 10+ case studies and 7 live projects.
Duration: 6 months live classes and 2 months Non-paid Internship
- Any professional with extensive knowledge of computers and technology
- Any bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics will be an added advantage but is not a prerequisite to enrolling in this course.
Fee structure: INR 49,900 with 18%GST.
Certification: Data Analytics Masters certificate by IIM Skills, recognised by the Government of India.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Contact number- +919580740740
Rank #2. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#2 Data Analytics Certification Course by Learn Bay (for Non-professionals)
Learn Bay is an Online training institute with numerous courses for both professionals and Non-professionals. This course provides all the essential skills, tools, mock interviews, and placement support that every student deserves.
Features of this course:
- In-depth knowledge building and developing practical skills through projects and assignments.
- Tools and techniques that help you in the future like SQL Matplotlib, Tableau, Power BI, and Big Data.
- Accessible and affordable industry-specific education that boosts your career.
- Software development instructors to guide and share relevant knowledge in this field.
- Industry-based live projects, placement support for a year, and 3 mock interviews.
- You will have 3 case studies on NumPy, Pandas, and Matplotlib and 1 case study on Pandas and Seaborn.
Module 1: Cohort orientation.
Module 2: Python Programming-Python, Anaconda, GitHub, Pandas.
Module 3: Statistics and Machine Learning.
Module 4: Data Analytics tools- Matplotlib, SQL, MongoDB, Tableau, Power BI, Big Data and spark analytics, Time series.
Module 5: Essentials- Excel.
Duration: 5 months Weekday batch and 6.5 months for the weekend batch.
- For working professionals with more than 6 months experience in any domain (Tech/Non-tech).
- Qualification: BE/B.Tech, BBA/MBA, MCA/M.Tech, B.Com/B.Sc. in any branch.
Fee Structure: INR 93,220
Certification: Get an internationally recognised certificate with IBM.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number- +917795687988
Rank #3. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#3 Data Analyst Course in Edmonton by Data Mites
This is a Global Institute delivering exceptional education to students all over the world. Accredited by the IABAC-International Association of Business Analytics Certification, Data Mites provides both live virtual sessions and blended learning sessions.
Features of this course:
- Self-paced, online training course.
- Get trained under qualified industry experts with extensive knowledge.
- Provides students with real-time experience through internship projects and 5 case studies.
- With Live-client projects, you will learn how to develop strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Assistance in Job placements.
- Instructor-led live virtual sessions.
- Get your hands on industry-relevant tools like Excel, My SQL, Tableau, and Power BI.
Duration: 6 months training with internship.
- Any graduate or professional with prior knowledge in computers and technology.
- Education in Mathematics or Statistics is an added advantage.
Fee structure: IBR60,900 0R CAD 1599.
- Contact number- +1-628-228-6062(US)
Rank #4. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#4 Data Analytics and Visualisation Foundation course by Coursera
This is a beginner-friendly course for any graduate or professional looking to start their basics. This ACE-certified course lets you earn up to 9 college credits upon completion.
Features of this course:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the basics.
- Learn from the best Industry-based instructors.
- Enhance your skills in various tools and techniques required for your career in Data Analytics.
- Self-paced with tools and learning materials.
Module 1: Introduction to Data Analytics.
Module 2: Excel for beginners.
Module 3: Data Visualisation and Dashboard.
Module 4: Assessment of Data Analysis and Visualisation Foundation.
Duration: 1 month course.
- Any graduate or professional with an interest in developing skills and boosting their career in this field.
Certification: Career certificate to enhance your LinkedIn profile, resume, and CV.
- Online Data Analytics Course
- Data Analytics Courses in Masai
- Data Analytics Courses in Kenya
- Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow
- Data Analytics Courses in New York
- Data Analytics Courses in Canada
Rank #5. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#5 Healthcare Management and Analytics by IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode has been ranked 5th as per the Indian Rankings Management. This program has been designed by top-notch faculties and promises to deliver exemplary education to its students. This is an online course exclusively for professionals in healthcare and enthusiasts interested in staying updated with the current trends in healthcare management.
Features of this course:
- Live online classes that enable its students to have easy access to the course.
- Real-world case studies and projects in Capstone.
- Conducts sessions by IIM Kozhikode faculties and industry experts.
- Helps build your entrepreneurial skills.
- Module 1: Health and Healthcare.
- Module 2: General management in healthcare.
- Module 3: Operations management in healthcare.
- Module 4: Healthcare Analytics.
- Module 5: Competitive strategy and leadership.
- Module 6: Capstone group project presentation.
Duration: 10 months
- Graduates or diploma holders in any stream from a recognized University.
- Minimum work experience for professionals should be 3 years.
- SOP is mandatory
Fee structure: INR 2, 00,000 + GST- allows you to pay in instalments.
Certification: Students will be awarded an IIM Kozhikode certificate upon completion of the course as per the requirements.
Alumni Status: The participants will also be eligible for the IIM Kozhikode alumni status
- E-mail: email@example.com
- WhatsApp number- +917412081081
Rank #6. Data Analytics Courses in Edmonton
#6 Advanced Certification Course in Data Analytics for Business by Intellipaat
Intellipaat is the most trusted platform for education and career assistance. This course has been made in collaboration with Microsoft and IBM and enables their participants to learn from the best faculties. The participants will also be trained in industry-relevant tools and develop the skills required to build their careers.
Features of this course:
- Self-paced with 140+ hours of instructor-led training.
- Industry-relevant projects and assignments.
- Job assistance and mentor support.
- Lifetime access to their tools and learning materials.
- Valid certification.
- One can master tools like R, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, and SQL.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Analytics.
- Module 2: SQL for Data Analytics.
- Module 3: Python for Data Science.
- Module 4: Tableau Desktop 10.
- Module 5: Business Analyst.
- Module 6: Data Analytics Capstone Project.
- Module 7: Power BI.
- Module 8: Statistics and Probability.
- Module 9: Advanced Excel.
Duration: self-paced learning, 140 hours.
Fee structure: INR 60,021.
Certification: Data Analytics certification from Intellipaat, Microsoft, and R for Data certification from IBM.
- Contact number- +917022374614
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the eligibility criteria to enrol in data analytics courses?
Any graduate or professional can enrol in this certification course. Professional courses like Data Science will require a graduate degree or postgraduate degree in the relevant field. Otherwise, there are no such prerequisites.
2. Do we need to know about all the tools and techniques?
Not really, but prior knowledge of computers and technology will be an advantage. Tools and techniques will be taught to you in this course.
3. How can I get started with data analytics?
Do your research about what to look for in a certification course and have a clear goal with your career. Inquire with various online platforms before enrolling yourself.
Data Analytics has been an important component in various industries. Without this, the company would not be functioning smoothly. Data Analytics courses offer hassle-free learning platforms, excellent faculties, reliable resources and lifetime access to their tools. Considering a career in this field is always an excellent choice to make. One could either choose a professional degree or certification to boost their career. The duration of the professional course could take 4-5 years while the certification course is for a few months. In this era of modern technology, it’s always better to stay updated with the trends and develop the necessary skills.