From villages to metropolitan cities, businesses of all scales need online presence management to thrive. With the help of the internet, you can showcase your products to potential customers in no time and on a much more reasonable budget. Here is a list of the top 8 digital marketing courses in Hobart.
A Global Analytics study estimates the e-commerce market’s growth in Australia at AUD 69. 0 billion in 2022. A well-planned and researched digital marketing strategy is key to brand development and improving sales. If marketing is your area of interest, digital marketing is a must-have skill to stay relevant, in demand, and bring value to the organization.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the use of the internet to reach your potential customers, grow your business and make a profit. The increasing use of smartphones and affordable internet services have created channels for businesses to connect with customers.
It is easy to advertise your products and services on social media platforms, through e-mails, SMS, MMS, and search engines, and know the impact it is making in real time. An example of digital marketing: If a parent wants to buy safe wooden toys for his kids, he can look for products by searching on the internet.
When he finds your products, he checks for product reviews and prices. He can buy the product with a simple procedure, make payment using an e-wallet, and wait for delivery. Shopping online comes with benefits like browsing through several products with ease, easy returns/exchange, payment in EMI, and discounts.
Why is Digital Marketing Important?
As of 2022, there are over 4.9 billion internet users globally. In Australia, the percentage of internet subscribers is increasing year on year with 91% population being active users of the internet. There is no better way to connect with potential customers than channelizing your marketing efforts on online platforms.
Let’s understand the change digital marketing has brought in our lives through a story. In 1995, Scott owned a wooden toy shop in Hobart. He sold hand-made toys and they were quite popular. The business was making a profit. What was his marketing strategy? Word of mouth.
Sometimes he advertised in local newspapers, though that was costly. Unfortunately, there was no way he could analyze if this new strategy was working in favor of his business. His business was successful. But he could not make more money. After a few months, he stopped advertising in newspapers.
In 2023, Scott’s son John is studying in college. He often buys from e-commerce platforms and likes the shopping experience. He talked to his father about taking their toys business on the web. Scott was not convinced that it would work for him. But his son assured him that this is the first thing they should do to sustain in the competition.
He learned some basics of digital marketing and partnered with a professional digital marketer to give his family business a new face and compete with global brands. They are present on social media platforms, and popular e-commerce platforms, and own a website.
Within months, their profit doubled from what it was before adopting the digital marketing strategy. He gets to understand if people spent more time on their site looking for anything else, shared links with contacts, and wrote a review for purchase. This way he has increased his channels of income for a single business.
With digital marketing, you can tell people about your shop or brand through videos, and images to a large audience in no time. This way your chances of getting leads are higher. You get access to customer shopping experiences such as how long customers spent time on your site, if they shared the product link over WhatsApp, and searched for anything else.
The whole process is easy and cost-effective. Sometimes your marketing strategy may not yield good results. But with digital marketing tools and techniques, you can create strategies without wasting much time and needing for additional budget. Digital marketing tells you how to leverage the power of the Internet to grow your business.
If you are successfully running a business, you are definitely using a digital marketing strategy. Whether you are a start-up or an established brand, digital marketing provides equal ground for all players. So, the brand is not the only criterion people check when they are buying something. It is what a business offers them.
What Does a Digital Marketing Course Teach You?
So, when you want to learn digital marketing and use the skills to help your organization grow, you are curious about what the curriculum would look like. In a digital marketing course, you would learn the following concepts.
- What is digital marketing?
- Types of digital marketing- Search engine optimization (SEO), Content Marketing (CM), pay-per-click (PPC), Social media marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, sponsored content, and instant messaging marketing.
- How to do Digital Marketing?
- Understanding your target group, creating engaging content, and doing keyword research.
- How to build a digital marketing strategy?
- Cost analysis
- Internship- mere theoretical knowledge does not help you prosper. Many courses include an internship duration to enable you to get hands-on experience by applying the concepts you learned and turning learning into skills.
- Live projects-courses may also include live projects, where you will be a member of the working group for a big brand.
- Placements- these days courses do not come without placement assistance. It ensures, the authenticity of the organization offering courses.
Top 8 Digital Marketing Courses in Hobart
Hobart is one of the oldest and seventh most popular cities in Australia. It is a leader in marine manufacturing, medical and health research, and agribusiness. If you are a resident of Hobart or a nearby place and looking to improve your marketing skills, here is a list of the top digital marketing courses in Hobart.
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the popular and trusted institutes that offer upskilling programs. Also, it is one of the most affordable digital marketing courses in Hobart. The institute offers a master digital marketing course that covers all the concepts of digital marketing and keeps you updated with new tools and techniques with lifetime access to the course study material.
Highlights of the Program
- Instructor-led live classes.
- Instructors are industry experts with 12+ years of experience
- 3 months program with 2 months internship
- For the internship period, participants are paid INR 6000.
- Get to work on 15 live projects, 12 case studies,
- 24*7 Support for learners
- Placement assistance and career counseling for all the students
- Seminars focusing on real-world experience
- Free lifetime admission to the LMS
- Letter of Recommendation along with course completion Certification
- IIM Skills has partnered with more than 300 organizations for placements
- The organization helps you launch Your Digital Marketing Agency, useful for people wanting to become freelancers
- Guidance to start your YouTube channel and how to use affiliate marketing.
The Master Digital Marketing Course Covers
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Web Development at Word Press
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram )
- Integrated Digital Marketing Strategy
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Online Reputation Management
- Content Writing and Advanced Blogging
- E-commerce and marketplaces
- Quora marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Digital Infographics
You can also request a demo class if you would like. The fee for the course is 540.68 Australian Dollars
Sprintzeal is a recognized training institute offering several professional courses. It is located in Hobart and offers various digital marketing courses in Hobart. It is also certified by Google Marketing Platform.
Course name: Digital Marketing Master’s Program in Hobart Certification Training
The program is designed for both beginners and professionals looking to learn digital marketing. There are no educational prerequisites to enroll in the course.
There are two programs
- Live classes for individuals (fee: AUD 1871)
- Corporate training for teams. the content is customized to the team’s needs (pay after completing the training)
What skills will you gain?
- Creating an impressive digital marketing strategy
- Social media and content marketing
- Email marketing
- Turning leads into sales
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Page Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Website Management
- Target Audience Research
- URL Management
- Ad management
- PPC strategy
- Ad Campaigns
- Ad Testing
- Location and Language Targeting
- Fill out the application form
- The application will be reviewed and confirmed
- Pay the fee
- You are provided access to the learning portal
Students are provided career counseling and placement assistance. On completion of the course, you gain the following skills:
- Using SEO,
- market research and analysis,
- content marketing strategies,
- brand awareness knowledge
Phone: +61 (0)240398333
3. Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
AIM is a not-for-profit organization with a focus on short-duration educational courses and training. Experts from various professional backgrounds form the knowledge hub of AIM and design and deliver courses. Following is a list of digital marketing courses offered by AIM.
- Name of the program: 10787 NAT Advanced Diploma of digital marketing
- Duration: 18 months
- Program delivery: online, self-paced
- Structure: 10 units.
- You also get free access to attend a short course on effective writing on selected campuses across Australia.
It covers the fundamentals of digital marketing in detail.
- How to do email marketing
- How to create paid search campaigns
- Marketing through social media
- The significance of search engine optimization and how to build an effective strategy for the same
- Using web analytics tools to understand marketing performance
- Budget for an effective digital marketing strategy
AIM also provides tailor-made digital marketing courses for teams of organizations. The course content may vary depending on the organization’s needs.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles, and digital media platforms
- Advanced Diploma from the BSB training package and currently employed
- Have completed year 12 or equivalent certificate IV from the BSB training package
- And minimum 1-year experience in sales and marketing
- At least 18 years old
- Proficient in English
- For people for whom English is a second language, provide an IELTS score of 5.5
- Work reference letter on company letterhead
- Name of the program: Mini MBA digital marketing
- Delivery mode: online+on-campus training
- 20 hours of self-paced online study, and 2 days of on-campus workshops+ 2 short course Electives
- 6 modules covered in online study
- When you enroll for a mini MBA in digital marketing, you also get free access to courses worth $ 2, 720.
- Learn Effective Communication
- Implementing Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Fee: $5,500.
Phone: 1300 658 337
4. Australian Academy of Digital Marketing
The Australian Academy of digital marketing is CPD accredited and recognized by Content Marketing Association (CMA). This institute offers basic to advanced-level digital marketing courses in Hobart. There are three levels of digital marketing certification courses in two categories:
- Home study courses
- Classroom-based courses
- No prerequisites to take the course.
- In home-study courses, you learn at your own pace. But you get tutor support and access to study material.
- The estimated duration to complete the course is 3 months. But students have up to 35 months to finish the course.
- Fee 895$ (Home study course)
- Classroom-based courses are a combination of recorded video lessons and live classes
- Fee $ 1795
Advanced Certificate Courses
Duration: 6 months
Duration: 9 months
Fee: $2845 (home-study), classroom-based $4945
The Curriculum Covers
- Evolution of digital marketing
- Digital technology and its influence on marketing
- Content marketing
- Inbound methodology
- Social media platforms
- Website design and user experience
Phone: 03 8658 3955
- Digital Marketing Courses in Australia
- Digital Marketing Courses in Adelaide
- Digital Marketing Courses in Sharjah
- Digital Marketing Courses in Melbourne
- Digital Marketing Courses in Canberra
- Digital Marketing Courses in Turkey
5. The University of Tasmania, Hobart
Master of Marketing Management
The University of Tasmania offers a master’s of marketing management with a specialization in digital marketing. If you are a graduate and looking for digital marketing courses in Hobart, for a master’s, this program is ideal for you.
Highlights of the Program
- Duration 2 years, maximum 5 years.
- Semesters 1 and 2 on the Hobart campus.
- Semesters 3 and 4 classes were conducted online.
- FEE-HELP and HECS-HELP are available
- For domestic applicants-A graduate of a post-graduate degree in any discipline
- For international students
- IELTS with Band of 6.5
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 88 (Reading 16; Listening 16; Speaking 18; and, Writing 22); or
- PTE score 58;
- UTAS English EAP2 65%
- Test results should be recent (from within the last 2 years)
Fee for international students
$ 73158 AUD
Domestic: 1300 363 864
International: +61 3 6226 6200
6. Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
Australian Marketing institute is the largest marketing professional network. Educators, professionals, and even corporates are members of the institute. You can join them as members. Some courses are available only to the members. If you join the Australian marketing institute, you get networking opportunities, access to insights, and thought leadership. Also, you get access to several short-term digital marketing courses in Hobart.
AMI has three channels to enrich young graduates’ professional skillset.
- Specialized certificates
- ONLINE Certified Digital Marketing Professional Course
- Self-paced learning
- You get a professional certificate
- Course length: 30 hours, completion time: up to 26 weeks
- For AMI members, $ 1,677
- Non-member, $ 2, 124.
- Marketing diploma
The institute offers various short-term online courses and has scheduled them throughout the year. Book a call with them for more information. Some of the useful online courses lined up for the next few months are:
|Course name||Duration||Fee||Notes||Program delivery||Important dates|
|Social media marketing Intensive||12 months of access to the course material|
9 weeks of training, live zoom classes per week.
|AMI members are offered a discount||1 on 1 zoom call with a social media expert|
Toolkit: templates, checklists, and software recommendations.
|online||March 30, 2023|
|Tasmania – The Digital Frontier: Examining the Trends and Changes Shaping the Future of the Online World||1.5 hours||Free networking event|
Niall Williams, Kings Digital
Shares his expertise to stay relevant and competitive through digital marketing
Utas building, 6th Floor, Vodaphone building, 44 Bathurst St, Hobart
|March 30, 2023|
5 pm to 7.30 pm
|Masterclass: Conversion Optimisation: Reaching Your Full Digital Potential Using Customer Data||3.5 hours|
(12.30 pm to 4 pm)
|$ 330||Tools and techniques to collect customer data and how to use it to save time, improve sales, and manage resources||online||March 30, 2023|
|Webinar: Top 10 Mistakes Businesses Make Online (and What to Do About It)||12.30 to 1.30||$ 30||Learn the best practices of digital marketing and know if you are making any mistakes||online||April 12, 2023|
|Facebook marketing||20 hours, self-paced||$ 636 for AMI members||Free access to monthly masterclasses with experts||online||March 31, 2023|
Location: Level 1, 21 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW
Telephone: (02) 7228 2153
7. Monarch Institute
The Monarch institute is a registered training institute and the courses are nationally recognized. It is one of the trusted and certified institutes offering digital marketing courses in Hobart.
- Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- Self-paced learning, government fund available (check if you qualify the eligibility criteria).
- Duration 2 years.
- Price $ 2900 upfront, $133.85 per week
- No formal prerequisites to take up the course
- Assessment: written and practical
- Diploma in digital marketing
- Diploma with specialization in the digital marketing field
- Duration 2 years
- Fee: $ 3,350 upfront, $ 154.2 per week
- 4 modules
- Trainers: industry experts
- No pre-requisites to take the course
- Assessment: written test, practical sessions
- Diploma in social media marketing
- Duration: 2 years
- Fee: $ 3,350 upfront.
- Modules: 4
- Assessment: case studies, projects, written reports.
- When you enroll for this course, you get 1-year access to Australian Marketing Institute (AMI), an SME business hub at no extra cost.
- You can access courses, and resources and attend events by AMI.
- Advanced diploma in digital marketing
- Self-paced, online.
- Duration: 2 years
- Fee: $ 3,950
- 4 modules
- A certified digital marketing professional for Australian citizens
- Duration 6 months
- Fee: $ 2150, $ 99.23 per week
- Syllabus in 10 modules
- Certification exam
Other short-term courses
|1||Foundation certificate in digital marketing associate||$ 645||6 hours||1hour online exam|
|2||Search engine optimization||$ 645||9 hours||1-hour online exam|
|3||Social media marketing||$ 645||14 hours||1-hour online exam|
|4||Digital strategy||$ 645||11 hours||1-hour online exam|
|5||Certified digital and social selling specialist||$ 645||6 hours||1-hour online exam|
Phone: 1300,738, 955
8. RMIT Online
RMIT online is an initiative by RMIT University, Melbourne to make quality education accessible to everyone and help careers prosper. RMIT online offers several short-term online digital marketing courses in Hobart.
When you enroll for a digital marketing course on RMIT online, you get benefits like
- You develop in-demand skills
- Get to learn from industry experts
- With RMIT online, you can engage in learning without compromising your work and life commitments
- Expand your network, and connect with professionals
The list of digital marketing courses in Hobart, offered by RMIT online.
|Digital Marketing Strategy + Campaigns||6 weeks, 5-8 hours/week||$2,160 incl. GST||With this course, you’ll work on two practical portfolio projects.|
|Brand + Content Marketing||6 weeks, 5-8 hours per week||$2,160 incl. GST||You will complete two projects on brand strategy and social media marketing plan.|
|Content and Social Media Marketing||6 weeks (8-10 hours per week)||$1,200 incl. GST||Video present your marketing strategy|
|Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication Strategy||12 months|
Applications close on 27th March 2023
|$2,880 per course||Meet the University’s minimum English language requirement|
You get to choose electives for specialization
|Marketing Analytics and Insights||6 weeks, 5-8 hours/week||$1,200 incl. GST||Practical knowledge of Google analytics and using data for problem-solving.|
You will video present your data-driven marketing tactic for a real-world problem.
|E-commerce Strategy and Experience||6 weeks, 8-10 hours/week||$1,200 incl. GST||You’ll learn to prioritize and make strategic choices|
Submit an e-commerce strategy for review
|Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Leadership||8 months||$ 14,880, FEE-HELP available.||Pre-requisites|
An Australian bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university
2 years of full-time work experience in a marketing role.
Phone: 1300 701 171
FAQs About Digital Marketing Courses in Hobart
1. Should I choose a short-term course or a diploma/Master’s program in digital marketing?
It depends on several factors. If you are a marketing professional and like to specialize or learn about a particular aspect of digital marketing, short-term courses may be ideal. Attending masterclasses and short courses fits your busy schedules and your work experience eases the learning curve.
But if you are a student, and would like to consider digital marketing as a career, diploma courses are the right choice. You will learn in detail and get time to hone your skills and be ready for in-demand skills.
2. What are the job opportunities after completing digital marketing courses in Hobart?
You are ready for roles as following
- Market analyst
- Market insights analyst
- Digital marketer
- Content manager
- Digital marketing strategist
- Social Media Manager
3. Can I enroll in a digital marketing course while I’m still pursuing my undergraduate?
Absolutely. Many training institutes set no prerequisites to take the course. You can find from this article which digital marketing courses in Hobart best suites your schedule and interests. Also, you will utilize your free time in learning in-demand skills, that ultimately pay off in the form of handsome salaries.
Conclusion About Digital Marketing Courses in Hobart
Whether you are a student or professional, digital marketing is becoming a must-have skill. With the majority of the Australian population using the internet, the prospects for digital marketers are high. Since these courses are being offered online, you can learn anytime and anywhere. There are many recognized institutes offering digital marketing courses in Hobart. With the internet taking over how business functions, digital marketing is going to be an indispensable marketing strategy in the future. Take action and enroll for digital marketing courses in Hobart and upskill yourself.