The city of Ahmedabad was given the name of “Manchester of India” along with Kanpur as it is the second largest producer of cotton in India. Ahmedabad is a large and renowned city in Gujarat. It is famous for its textile industries. Since it is densely populated, labor of any kind is easily available, be it skilled or semi-skilled. Ahmedabad is one of the top ten richest cities in India and nine of the metropolitan cities of India. Various institutes offer Investment Banking Courses in Ahmedabad.
What is Investment Banking?
Investment Banking is a special section of the banking department. Investment Banking supports individuals, governments, or organizations to raise capital and give advice related to their finances. Investment banks work with all, be it the government, companies, individuals, pension funds, or other financial entities. In short, it acts as a channel between the issuers and the investors.
Investment banks do not take any deposits like the commercial banks and retail banks. Investment banks do not give any loans or take deposits as the banks do normally. It aids the companies in the management of funds or gives necessary advice regarding funds. You can get all the knowledge related to investment banking by pursuing training in this field. The Investment Banking Courses in Ahmedabad is a good opportunity provided by the institutes there.
Key Features of Investment Banking
- Investment banking is mainly associated with raising funds for organizations, governments, and other entities.
- Investment banking guides in mergers and acquisitions M&AAreorganizationsons, and broker trades for associations and their stakeholders.
- Investment banking serves as the link between huge organizations and investors.
- Investment banking also assists companies by advising them on their finances. Investment banks have large teams to do the research job for them. Based on there-research the banks guide the companies.
- Investment banking also has an asset management department. The experts from this department assist in the perfect blend of stocks for the different firms.
- Investment Banking activities may be classified into three categories namely front office, middle office, and back office. The front office includes direct dealing with the public. Middle office activities are the ones in which the investment banks face the client and are generally behind-the-scene. Lastly, back office activities are related to technology support, settlements, and other human resources.
Difference Between Commercial Banks and Investment Banks
Both investment banks and commercial banks play a significant role as financial institutions. But both operate differently and have different functions. They differ from each other in the following aspects:-
- Clients – The clients of investment bankers are investors, corporations, and governments while commercial banks serve small and medium-sized companies.
- Primary Services – Investment banks help institutional investors and corporations to deal with their financial requirements. Commercial banks look after loans, mortgage loans, and deposit accounts for small and medium businesses.
- Profits – Investment banks get their profits from the fees on services rendered. Commercial banks obtain their profits from fees for services given and also from interests.
- Other Services – Investment banks deal with wealth and asset management, and broker services. Commercial banks deal with mobile banking, credit cards, and M&A services.
Who is an Investment Banker?
An investment banker is a person who serves a financial institution and whose preliminary job is to raise capital for corporations, governments, or other entities. An investment banker must possess a few skills like persuasive oral and written communication, a fantastic ability to deal with numbers, and the capacity to work for long durations.
It is the investment banker whom a company consults before moving ahead with a project. He saves his client’s time and money and guides the company accordingly. Theoretically, an investment banker is a victor in this field who studies the current investing climate in the market and keeps his clients updated.
An investment banker also assists an organization in pricing its financial instruments. At times, he acts as an intermediary and sells the company’s shares to the public. In doing so, he takes substantial risks and makes a profit.
He has to bear the loss if he has over-valued the shares. Before taking any action, an investment banker must remember their firm’s rules and regulations and abide by them. They need to sign a confidential agreement before the commencement of their jobs. All these are included in the training to process like the ones offered by investment banking courses in Ahmedabad.
Other best courses in Ahmedabad:
- Digital Marketing Courses in Ahmedabad
- GST Certification Courses in Ahmedabad
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Ahmedabad
- Financial Modeling Courses in Ahmedabad
- Data Analytics Courses in Ahmedabad
Investment Banking Courses in Ahmedabad
As of now, we know that Ahmedabad is a developed city. There are many institutions famous for various courses and training. There are both online and offline courses available for investment banking courses in Ahmedabad. To name a few, offline courses are as follows:-
1. IIM SKILLS – Certified Investment Banking Master Course
Course Duration – 3 months course + 1-month internship (In house no- paid)
IIM SKILLS provides an Investment Banking Course that has been designed in such a way that it covers all the topics from basic to advanced levels. Moreover, the course curriculum focussed on making their students fully prepared and equipped to start a job. It gives conceptual as well as project-based training to make him/ her capable of struggling in the real world. All this makes it one of the best institutes to offer Investment Banking Courses in Ahmedabad.
Special Characteristics of Investment Banking Course at IIM SKILLS
1)At your convenience time and place –
In today’s fast-growing competitive world, the concept of joining an institution and attending classes or sessions at the physical premises is outdated. People believe in multitasking. IIM SKILLS gives you the advantage of attending classes in the comfort of your home and at a time suitable for you. You just need to log in and join the sessions. All this saves time and energy. Even if you miss out on any session then you get a complete recording of the same. Then the crux of the biscuit is that you can always consult, discuss, or clear your doubts with the concerned person or in your class groups.
2)Keeps you connected – Many institutions provide online training but somehow lack it due to face-to-face communication. Here IIM Skills fills the void by making its students feel the connectivity, be it with companions, seniors, coordinators, or instructors.
3)Adjustable timetable – At IIM SKILLS, they have several timetable options for the sessions offered and you can choose at your convenience.
4)Skilled trainers – IIM Skills consists of a team or panel of instructors with appropriate qualifications.
5)Study Material – They have a user-friendly application called LMS (Learning Management System). All the study material of your course, recording of the sessions, etc. is there in LMS.
6)Master Certificates – The certificates of a master course/degree furnished by IIM Skills are acclaimed everywhere.
7)Internship and Job Placement – Internship plays an important role as it prepares you and makes you strong enough to face the challenges in your way.IIM Skills supplies you with firsthand experience and a job with a high-end position.
SOME MORE COURSES AT IIM SKILLS
2. BSE Industries Ltd.
Some of the Services Offered:-
Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Banking and Finance
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Global Financial Markets
Certificate Program on Technical Analysis
Certificate in Capital Market
At BSE Industrial Ltd. you will get skilled facilities with proficient knowledge and experience. Here you will get to see how the institute aspires at improving it’s day to day standard of teaching. It offers several courses, be it a PG Diploma, Certificate, or M.Sc.There are other branches of BSE Institute in all 4 metropolitan cities of India.
3. National Institute of Financial Market NIFM
Some of the Services Offered :
Certificate in Stock Market
Diploma in Research Analyst
NIFM Certified Smart Investor
NIFM Certified Financial Modelling
Equity Research Certification
NIFM Certified Options Strategy Expert
Diploma in Financial Market Management ( DFMM)
NIFM Certified Advance Level Smart Investor
The National Institute of Financial Market is famous for its standardized training and services. This academy aims at fulfilling the needs of the student to serve everything at its best. It believes in customer satisfaction. It offers diverse courses in banking, taxation, accounting, financial, insurance stock market.
4. Financial Planning Academy
Some of the Services Offered:-
Association for Chartered Certified Accountants
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Management Accountant
Certified Financial Planning
Chartered Financial Analyst
Advanced Program in International Accounting Practices
Financial Planning Academy builds a strong foundation and aims for its students to succeed in life with flying colors. The institute is renowned for its Finance and Accounting programs. The institute has achieved many awards like the Mother Teresa Award, the India Young Entrepreneur Award, and so on. FPA has sister concern companies namely SREdupro & Ambition Learning Solution (ALS).
5. EDUBRIDGE – Advanced Certification Program in Investment Banking Operations
Course Duration – 326 Hours
The course at EDUBRIDGE is structured and planned in such a way that it builds a student capable of managing all the duties and obligations of an investment banker. A thorough explanation of the principles that link risk with reward is covered in its classes. The certificates provided by the institute are universally acclaimed in all significant banking areas.
Special features of the Course at EDUBRIDGE
1) The motive is not just to earn money and make a profit but aims to affluent every student.
2)Update their learning resources to meet the current market scenario.
3) Certification is valid in all major banking areas.
4)Course is not restricted only to books but case studies and projects also form a constituent part.
6. IMARTICUS LEARNING –
Imarticus offers several courses in the fields of analytics, technology, marketing, and management. Imarticus Learning holds the fact that education is a never-ending process. Its mission is to unfurl education to an extent that it succeeds in establishing rulers for tomorrow. By concentrating on first-hand and observational expertise, they maintain theoretical teaching sessions along with field experiences at par.
They diagnose career advancement for a person and when it’s the case of an enterprise, they scrutinize its marketing essentials. There has been constant growth and diversity in the banking industry in Ahmedabad. So going for Imarticus Learning for investment banking courses in Ahmedabad is a good and fruitful choice.
Attributes of Imarticus Learning
1)Assured Placement – The programs at Imarticus Learning furnish you with assured placement along with its course.
2) Substantial growth in the profession – They customize their programs to equip you for an interview and also guide you in building a portfolio.
3) Certificates acknowledged everywhere – The certificate will augment your career summary and make you the pick of the litter among others
4)Vital training expertise – There you get to learn how to analyze current market trends and gain practical knowledge about risk management and various other rules.
- Investment Banking Courses in India
- Investment Banking Courses in Mumbai
- Investment Banking Courses in Delhi
- Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad
- Investment Banking Courses in Pune
7 Key Factors to Consider While Choosing the Right Investment Banking Course
Some important key factors need to be considered while choosing the perfect course for you. Some factors may be relevant to one person while others may be irrelevant to the other. This depends on an individual’s situation. Depending on these criteria, you can finalize the right investment banking courses in Ahmedabad.
● EXPENSE – Expense is the foremost factor to be considered while choosing a course. You need to check the total expense that will be incurred for pursuing a particular course. If you are choosing an offline course then the cost of living and food needs to be calculated. The total course fee and the amount paid for study material must be surveyed properly.
● MENTORS – Quality generally comes at a price. You need to inspect who are the teachers, mentors, and speakers in an institution. You can check their names and profile on social media handles and also trace their historical documents. If they are the top-notch executives then the institute is worth opting for.
● DURATION – How much time do you have in your hand? If you are just planning to build a good portfolio or resume and pursue this course for it then you should look for a short-term course and let the long-duration courses fall between the cracks. If you are seeking a long-term goal then you can surely figure out an extended time course.
● LEVEL – You must be aware of the fact that there are courses with diverging degrees. So you need to check out your ipso facto. In case you have nil knowledge of investment banking then your requisite would be a beginner’s course. If you are acknowledged with all the hacks and tricks involved in investment banking then your necessity is an advanced-level course.
● COURSE CONTENT AND FORMAT – Course content is another significant point to be considered. You should scrutinize the syllabus of the course offered and analogize it with that of the other institutions. The one that can furnish you with the lion’s share should be preferred over others. The format of the course must also be looked into as to whether it is online or offline.
If it is convenient for you to join an offline one then that’s the best option as it is less challenging, intellectually and sensationally. But in case, an offline course adds up to your cost and is time-consuming due to travel then you should look up an online course. You have both online and offline options for investment banking courses in Ahmedabad.
● INTERNSHIPS AND PLACEMENTS – Whether or not an institution equips you with internship and placement is a matter of significance. What type and where does it permit you as an intern or for a job and does that match with where you want to reach in life?
● USER REVIEWS – How is it recommended by people? Check out the references and reviews made by the user on social media and other websites. This will let you know the legitimacy of an institution or the course.
After apprehending these elements, you can deliberately elect your preferred course and figure out the best investment banking courses in Ahmedabad.
Eligibility Criteria for Becoming an Investment Program
The eligibility criteria to become an investment banker differ from sector to sector. An FMCG company might select a B.Com graduate while top finance companies will look for a person with an MBA degree for such a post.
1)Bachelor’s degree – A person with a bachelor’s degree in any field(Finance/Accountancy/Commerce) can find the position of a Junior Analyst. He has to work hard with dedication to move ahead in this line.
2)Master’s Degree – MBA especially in Finance has very good prospects to enter the IB industry.
3)CFA – CFA ( Chartered Financial Analyst) has a lot of scope in the IB industry. This degree itself opens the way to a career in the IB industry.
4)CA – Chartered Accountant is a degree that is given too much preference over others. They can work in both banking as well as non-banking institutions as an investment banker due to their qualifications.
Different Career Options Available Upon The Completion Of the Investment Banking Course
After finishing investment banking courses in Ahmedabad or from any other place, a person has a few job roles available for him. These are as follows:-
Intern or Summer Intern – He/She is supposed to help the Analysts and Associates and take orders from them.
Analysts – Analysts are the lowest in position and so have to take too much load of work on them.
Associate – He/She is a person who joins a firm after completing his/her MBA or is being promoted from the post of an analyst.
Vice President (VP) – He plays the role of a project manager in a bank. He keeps supervision on the Analyst and the Associates.
Director or Senior VP (SVP) – He/She is known as the executive director. Sometimes it takes a lifetime but a person is not promoted from VP to SVP.
Managing Director (MD) – He is the head of all these positions. He is responsible for making important deals and also for maintaining clients permanently.
Uday Kotak is the third richest Investment banker in the world and is the richest banker in India. Investment Banking’s demand and scope have increased and become more and more popular in recent times. The reason for such growth is because it consists of the technology sector. With growing risk threats in the economy of India, the need for investment banking is also increasing.
Q1) What is the salary of an investment banker after completing investment banking courses in Ahmedabad?
Ans) After an individual pursues investment banking courses in Ahmedabad, his salary ranges between Rs. 6 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs. The average annual salary is about Rs. 9.2 lakhs.
Q2) What are the advantages of choosing investment banking courses in Ahmedabad?
Ans) There is highly intensive training provided in investment banking courses in Ahmedabad. There are many types of projects included in the training which makes an individual prepared to face the difficulties in the job.
Q3) Does GPA (Good Personal Accident) have any importance in investment banking?
Ans) Internships play a significant role, A Good GPA assists you in your placements.
Q4) Can you switch from commercial banking to investment banking?
Ans) If you’re working at a commercial bank then you would require some more added skill sets to shift to investment banking, for example, financial modeling.
Q5) Do you need to do an MBA for investment banking?
Ans) No, it is not necessary to have an MBA degree in investment banking. However, it would be easy to get a job if you possess an MBA degree.