GST stands for goods and service tax, which was introduced in India on the 1st of April 2010. GST is a single Pan India tax, which acted as a replacement for many taxes that our country used to have before. Every business engaged with the supply of goods and services is liable to pay GST which in turn raise a demand for GST practitioner. Surat is a city of trade, which demands GST practitioners, so here we are going to list down some of the best GST certification courses in Surat. Let’s begin with an introduction to GST.
What is GST?
GST is a single Pan India tax that replaces many different taxes like excise duty, service tax, sales tax, customs duty, VAT, etc. The Full form of GST is Goods and Services Tax, and it is a type of indirect tax. All goods and services, both domestically produced and imported, are subject to this single, all-inclusive tax.
The GST serves as a foundation for the development of a single national market, a common tax base, and uniform tax regulations for the federal government. It unifies the various taxes currently imposed by the Center and the States. France was the first country to introduce the GST in its country to implement a uniform tax system throughout the whole nation.
The course in GST explains how to apply and execute it effectively while assisting you in understanding its fundamentals. This enables you to navigate all aspects of GST without encountering any significant difficulties. You might learn all the important and subtle things from a solid GST certification course.
One Can Choose From a Variety of Professions After Receiving Training for the GST Certification.
Taxation Manager: No matter how big or small a company is, it will inevitably need a GST tax manager. While some businesses have separate positions for direct and indirect taxes, the implementation of just one tax will only require one candidate who is qualified to be the GST tax manager. A tax manager with less than two years of experience can earn an average of ₹25,000 per month.
Tax Research Analyst: The role of a tax research analyst is to review the contracts of companies from a tax point of view. You can start your firm, or even some large-scale companies offer a dedicated position for tax research analysts. Before signing a new contract, all companies verify it from a taxation point of view.
Tax Reconciliation Accountant: Large-scale companies generally offer the position of tax reconciliation accountant. The balance of purchase, sales, and input tax credits is the primary responsibility of a tax reconciliation accountant. Because a single error in data entry can have disastrous results, this role involves a lot of responsible decision-making.
GST Compliance Executive: The role of a GST compliance executive is autonomous and does not require reporting to anyone. The major duty involves the compliance of the accounting statements with the GST. The role is largely offered by small-scale companies with fewer accounting transactions annually. However, occasionally large corporations will also provide this position to reduce the number of employees on their property.
GST Practitioner: A consultant who provides services to other taxpayers online is known as a “GST practitioner.” An individual who can prepare returns and carry out other tasks using the data supplied by a taxable person is referred to as a tax expert. After the GST practitioner has submitted the GST returns, the GST officer should approve the filing. The registered individuals are required to validate the GST practitioner’s returns.
What Are the Different Types of GST
There are four different types of GST in India – The Integrated Goods and Services Tax, the State Goods and Services Tax, the Central Goods and Services Tax, and the Union Territory Goods and Services Tax. The government has fixed different tax rates for different types of GST. Let us understand each of them in great detail.
1. Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST): The integrated goods and services tax is assessed on both imports and exports as well as interstate transfers of goods and services. The governing body for this tax is the Central Government, which collects tax and divides it among the different states.
2. State Goods and Services Tax (SGST): The transfer of goods and services within a state is subject to state goods and services taxes. There are two different taxes levied on the supply of goods and services within the state: The central GST and the state GST. On the purchase and sale of any goods or services within the state, a state goods and services tax is charged, and the money collected under the SGST system is only claimed by the relevant state government.
3. Central Goods and Service Tax (CGST): Transfers of goods and services within states are subject to the central goods and services tax. The central government collects the taxes, which are then split equally between it and the state governments. It is governed by the CGST Act.
4. Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST): The transfer of goods and services in the union territories of India is subject to the union territory goods and services tax.
Some of the Paramount Objectives Behind Imposing GST Tax Are:
- The main motto behind the GST tax is “one nation, one country.”
- To Substitute manufacturing-based tax with consumption-based tax.
- To stop the cascading of indirect taxes.
- To minimize corruption in the taxation system.
What Are the Advantages of Pursuing GST Certification Courses in Surat
- By enrolling in a GST certification course, you can increase your salary expectation by 15% to 20%.
- Every businessman needs somebody to help him with GST filling. This increases the demand for skilled GST practitioners.
- Doing certification in the relevant field will help you prove your knowledge in front of the world.
- Practical assignments during the course will give you hand on experience in dealing with real-time projects.
- In case you are pursuing your studies in chartered accountancy, company secretary, or any other accounting field, the GST certification course will act as an added advantage to add to your career.
- You can start your own office as a tax advisory consultant or can accept jobs with any company.
- Wide opens your knowledge in the field of taxation, accounts, and cost.
Here are the other best courses in Surat
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Surat
- Data Analytics Courses in Surat
- Content Writing Courses in Surat
- Digital Marketing Courses in Surat
- SEO Courses in Surat
- Technical writing Courses in Surat
Top 6 GST Certification Courses in Surat
Surat is a city situated in South Gujarat with umpteen businesses in diamond, silk, and textiles. Surat has always remained a city of trade, which widens the scope of GST practitioners. To become a good practitioner with knowledge in the broad sense, you need to have knowledge about the courses that offer all-around knowledge in the area.
There are many organizations in the city that provide these programs, but I’ve listed some of the illustrious institutions below that focus on skill development as a whole.
1. IIM SKILLS:
The very first institute on the list that offers GST certification courses in Surat is IIM SKILLS. It is one of the top institutes offering a wide range of programs with knowledgeable instructors who put what is learned into practice. Its certificate is accredited by the government of India, which helps you prove your knowledge to the world.
The mode in which the courses are offered is online, so it becomes easy to gain knowledge in the comfort of your own home; there are also some scheduled classes on weekends for the working crowd. From beginners who want to start their careers to professionals who want to learn more about their field, they offer accredited courses for a wide range of subjects and skill levels.
Additionally, you can schedule a demo class for the same. This course also offers a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with it. If you book a large group of 3 or more, you can also receive a 10% discount. Let’s dive into the course details without wasting a single minute.
In-depth Understanding of the GST Certification Course:
- The course is covered under the name “GST Certification Course.”
- A total of nine modules make up the course. These modules give a wide knowledge of goods and services tax, its implementation, rates applicable, areas of applicability, whom it is applicable to, when and how to pay, along with its tools and techniques.
- It is a comprehensive course that can be completed in 16 hours in the virtual classroom.
- Its classroom is led by an industry expert who leaves no topic untouched.
- It gives you an opportunity to clarify your doubt during the session.
- The fees for the courses are ₹ 2900 + GST.
- The course module navigates from learning the core fundamentals to becoming an expert in the field by learning different areas of the topic.
- This course gives you a lifetime update on GST so that your knowledge remains updated. Also, you are entitled to lifetime access to LMS to brush up on your learnings.
- It is a certified course that will help you prove your knowledge in the field.
Also Read: IIM SKILLS GST Certification Course Review
NIIT stands for the National Institute of Information Technology. It is a private institute with its headquarters in Gurgaon, India. The aim of the institute is to impart different courses in computer technology. NIIT offers a certified course, and its certificates are openly accepted by different organizations that trust its caliber in the field of education and technology.
NIIT is also one such institution that offers GST certification courses in Surat. The course is offered in classroom mode, in which you can select your preferred centers. The course is completed in 20 hours. In which you will learn about the foundation of the GST and its impact on the taxation system.
The online Tally certificate exams are integrated with these GST certification courses in Surat. This course also gives you the opportunity to practice on real data sets to gain practical knowledge of the field.
The Eligibility Criteria Set for Students Who Can Enroll in This Course Include:
- A student should be from a B.COM background or
- Undertaken commerce till grade VII
Udemy is a worldwide terminus for imparting education in different verticals online. The platform has more than 54 million users, 204,000 courses, and 71,000 instructors who offer instruction in more than 75 languages. The course is called “GST certification 2022 courses.” This course gives commendable knowledge on topics related to GST.
The modules covered under this course embody, filling out GST returns on the GST official website, refunds, tax payments, ITC, PAN, TAN, TIN, and DSC, GSTR 1 – 11, payment of tax, and refunds. It clarifies a variety of GST-related subjects while also introducing you to offline and online tools for GSTN and bill uploading on GST portals.
After completing 7 hours of video lectures and 1 assignment, this course is declared finished. You will be eligible to receive a certificate as a GST practitioner after finishing this course. The only thing this institute demands in learning this course is basic computer knowledge and the candidates’ interest in learning; otherwise, they start from the basics without any prior knowledge of the field.
Any individual who is eager for his own consultancy or wants to build a career in audit, finance, or taxation can join these GST certification courses in Surat.
4. ICAI – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI is one of the recognizable institutes delivering GST certification courses in Surat. Because of its reputation for offering in-depth taxation-related education, the ICAI Institute aims to offer a very professional course in the subject. The mode of delivery of this course is completely virtual, and hence it can be joined by even job-doing individuals.
Beginning with the basics of GST, ICAI thoroughly covers filing a GST return, requesting refunds, imposing penalties, and many other GST-related topics. A certificate will be awarded upon passing the course’s twice-yearly examination, which is specifically designed for CA members.
It is an extensive course of 10 days. Its main objective is to teach the candidate specialized GST knowledge and improve their decision-making abilities. Registration is conducted online on a first come first serve basis.
A few other recommended courses
- GST Certification Courses in Gujarat
- GST Certification Courses in Ahmedabad
- GST Certification Courses in Vadodara
- GST Certification Courses in Bhopal
- GST Certification Courses in Nashik
5. ICA Edu Skills
Since 1999, ICA Edu Skills has earned a reputation as one of the top organizations offering technical education. This institute focuses on providing affordable, high-quality education to job seekers. Since there is a growing need for skilled laborers from many businesses, this institution made the decision to not only train employees in their fields but also to offer 100% placement assistance to close the skills labor shortage.
ICA Edu Skills completes this course in 27 hours and covers all the key GST topics, including how to complete the GST on the portal, refunds, penalties, and the percentages of tax imposed on various goods and services. The course provides students with a fully functional live virtual platform that they can use for training, from registration to return filing.
All facets of routine accounting transactions, documentation, and keeping accurate records in Tally or any other accounting software are covered by the course materials.
- Module 1 is the foundation of GST.
- Module 2 is the procedure to levy and collect tax.
- Module 3 is the valuation of tax
- Module 4 is the payment of tax
- Module 5 is filling returns
- Module 6 is GST using Tally
- Module 7 is practice on GSTN
- Module 8 is a project on GST
- The candidate should be a 12th pass.
- The candidate must be pursuing his/her graduation.
6. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is considered a leader in providing training and advisory services. It has a strong team of 400+ employees and 650+ consultants. Not only are there courses for GST certification, but there are also other courses in which this institute provides cutting-edge service. Let’s see its GST certification courses in Surat in great detail.
The course can be finished in 32 hours of instructor-led instruction. More than five GST projects, fifteen GST assignments, and twenty GST quizzes are included. This course is covered under the name “GST Practitioner Course,” which covers every aspect of GST regulation, and the instructors delivering the course are the ones who speak at Aaj Tak, NDTV, and other noticeable platforms.
The most recent trending topics are covered, such as GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, new e-invoicing rules, how to claim ITC if it isn’t reflecting, etc. All the trainers are qualified as chartered accountants and company secretaries.
In-depth Understanding of the Course:
- This course is delivered online using a two-way interactive format. This indicates that all of your questions have been addressed. It gets concluded in 32 hours of live, interactive classroom sessions.
- The chief topics covered in this course include GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, and many more.
- Mere learning is not enough when you don’t have the opportunity to put your learning into practical implementation. Hence, this course gives you a chance to do an internship and gain practical learning.
- They also guarantee 100% placement support to start earning as you complete your studies.
- They make you advanced by demonstrating tools and techniques, video content for future reference, and conducting assessments to test your knowledge.
- You can participate in a masterclass for one year.
- You can procure 1-year gold membership of Henry Harvin.
Module 1 covers how and where to levy GST and the rate of its application. It also covers export and import taxes.
Module 2 covers the topics of registration, input tax credit (ITC 04), transitional provisions, and job work.
Module 3 covers the topic of maintaining accounts and records as well as the process of paying tax returns and refunds.
Module 4 covers the topics of litigation management, audit, and assessment, offenses, penalties, demand, and recovery.
It includes complementary modules on soft skill development and building your resume.
After doing extensive research on the programs that will prepare you in every way for practicing GST in Surat, I wrote this article. Along with the theoretical knowledge, this course also imparts practical training to make you job material from the very first day after completing certification.
Frequently Asked Questions About GST Certification Courses in Surat
Q1. Is the GST Practitioner subject to any exams?
Yes, there is a test for GST practitioners. The examination is known as GSTP (Goods and Service Tax Practitioner). The test is administered by the Institute of GST Practitioners. By passing this test, you can become a GST practitioner. You will then be eligible to apply for the GST Directorate’s Certificate of Registration.
Q2. When I finish my GST certification courses in Surat, how can I begin my career?
You can start a career as a tax analyst and counselor after completing GST certification courses in Surat.
Q3. What is a GST certification course?
GST certification courses in Surat are designed to help accountants, chartered accountants, company secretaries, and other tax and accounting-related professionals advance their knowledge in the field.
Q4. Can I find work after taking GST certification courses in Surat?
Due to the increased demand from businesses for professional assistance with GST planning and compliance, the introduction of courses into the GST has opened up a wide range of career opportunities. Hence, a certified course in GST tremendously increases job opportunities.
Q5. Which course is best for GST?
There are many courses available in the market to acquire knowledge on GST, but I have tried listing the few most recommended GST certification courses in Surat. Please refer to it and choose the course that best suits your desires.
Professionals with backgrounds in accounting and taxation may want to consider enrolling in GST certification programs in Surat to advance their careers or become knowledgeable GST practitioners. There is a huge demand for GST-knowledgeable persons in Surat, which is also known as the “city of trade.” If you like playing with numbers, you should definitely think about enrolling in the GST certification courses in Surat to wide-open a path for new career opportunities.